Marine Personnel Manager
- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Department / Regional Manager
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Vessel Crew Management or Supervisory position or a bachelor’s degree from a Federal or State Maritime Academy.
- U.S. citizen, security clearance eligible
- Managerial/administrative/leadership skills
- Financial and accounting skills
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding of business processes and functions
- Knowledge of Marine Training & Certification regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with NSE (crewing module) desired.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Responsible for the day to day management of vessel crewing responsibilities. Works in collaboration with senior management, Crewing Coordinators, Administrators, partner Union leadership, and other vendor personnel. Works closely with vessel operations personnel and outside agencies to ensure the smooth operation of vessels by controlling the selection, recruitment and deployment of suitably qualified seafarers onboard vessels. The position requires the ability to effectively manage diverse people and projects.
- Oversee crew scheduling, and identify marine personnel recruitment needs. Ability to identify training needs and conduct. Conduct initiation of seafarer qualifications checks.
- Communicate with Director of Labor regarding deficiencies in the documents and credentials of crew members and crewing needs. This report is to be made when missing or expired documents are identified
- Provide crewing expertise to fleet ad coordinate relief request processes.
- Oversee the optimization of fleet personnel assignments.
- Supervise and monitor the accuracy and execution of payroll and other crew and vendor reimbursement.
- Assist in all recruitment/retention activities to include evaluation and promotion eligibility tracking for targeted positions relative to union CBA’s and MOU’s.
- Develop seafarers for promotion as well as maintaining regulatory, customer and company training needs
- Monitor Budget compliance.
- Develop and maintain applicable policies and procedures for crewing activities and related processes.
- Develop and maintain database and tracking mechanisms for personnel records.
- Maintain compliance with SQMS policies.
- Maintain Personnel Security requirements
- Manage departmental training, development and operational activities
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Apply Instructions
Please apply using the following URL: