Marine Personnel Crewing & Training Manager
- Vessel Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Company Employee
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Vessel Crew Management or Supervisory position or a bachelor’s degree from a Federal or State Maritime Academy.
- U.S. citizen, security clearance eligible
- Managerial/administrative/leadership skills and experience
- Financial and accounting skills and experience
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding of business processes and functions
- Knowledge of US Coast Guard licensing, training & certification regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with NSE (crewing module) desired.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Responsible for the day to day management of vessel crewing responsibilities. Works in collaboration with senior management, Crewing Coordinators, Administrators, partner Union leadership, and other vendor personnel. Works closely with vessel operations personnel and outside agencies to ensure the smooth operation of vessels by controlling the selection, recruitment and deployment of suitably qualified seafarers’ onboard vessels. The position requires the ability to effectively manage diverse people and projects.
Responsibilities & Authorities:
- Oversee all crew scheduling, rotation and duration assignment requirements for vessel manning and training needs. Identify recruiting needs and source shipboard personnel in compliance with union MOU’s/CBA’s/Shipping Rules. Identify training needs and conduct. Conduct evaluation on crew qualifications and determine eligibility for assignment or dispatch.
- Supervise Crewing Coordinator and Department Administrators in performance of duties and fill in during their absences.
- Communicate with Supervisors and Program Managers deficiencies in crewing activities to include processing of reliefs, sourcing of personnel, timing of required activities relative to manning and crewing needs or planning.
- Communicate with vessel senior leadership on feedback and performance of sourced crew and crewing procedural adherence
- Provide crewing expertise for fleet wide requirements and coordinate relief request processes.
- Oversee the optimization of fleet personnel assignments.
- Supervise and monitor the accuracy and execution of crew payroll and other crew and vendor payments, invoicing or reimbursements.
- Assist in all recruitment/retention activities to include evaluation and promotion eligibility tracking for targeted positions relative to union CBA’s and MOU’s.
- Develop seafarers for promotion as well as maintaining regulatory, customer and company training needs
- Monitor budget compliance.
- Develop and maintain applicable policies and procedures for crewing activities and related processes.
- Develop and maintain database and tracking mechanisms for personnel records.
- Partner with Claims to manage and mitigate personal injury/illness claims and manage return to work medical requirements.
- Maintain compliance with SQMS policies. Departmental lead on all crewing audit activities
- Maintain fleet personnel security requirements
- Maintain fleet drug and alcohol testing program requirements
- Maintain fleet medical and fitness for duty requirements.
- Maintain corporate travel contract and implement crew travel requirements to be compliant with company and customer direction.
- Manage departmental training, development and daily crewing operational activities
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Apply Instructions
Candidates apply to: https://patriotships.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=28
Work Phone : 925-296-2048
1320 Willow Pass Road, Ste 485
Concord, CA, 94520 United States