- £22,950 - £27,000 per annum (plus benefits)
Job description for the Junior Engineers
Engineering is the largest business function in our organisation – and it’s one of the most fulfilling too. Because it’s only by delivering the most advanced, battle-winning technology that we can keep those on the front line at the top of their game. That’s why we stay inventive and create positive change, with a strong focus on sustainable sourcing and minimising environmental impact too. Ready to make an impact that matters to the nation?
You’ll benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women in Engineering Network, Parents Network, Race & Culture Network, Neuro Inclusivity Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Are you excited by the opportunity to work first hand with equipment and systems that support our Royal Navy fleet, working towards making our waters safer?
Our ships department is growing and, as a result, many of the specific teams are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Engineers to join us to help provide support across a range of platforms, including hydrographic and patrol vessels, hunt class vessels and new surface ships. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with experience in mechanical engineering, marine engineering and/or electronics.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities of the Junior Engineers
As one of our Junior Engineers, depending on team allocation your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Supporting the development and maintenance of requirements for a sub-system including its in-service support
• Collecting, collating and evaluating technical data to support the management of engineering technical requirement
• Providing support in the development and / or acceptance of a sub-system
• Supporting disposals and decommissioning of basic equipment
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• You will hold a minimum of a HNC qualification (e.g., Level 4) in an Engineering discipline, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
• You will have experience in mechanical engineering, marine engineering and/or electronics
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Technical Decision Making
• Improve Engineering Capability
• Communicating and influencing
• Working together
What’s in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.