Government Inventory Control Manager/Purchasing Agent (Buyer)
- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Mid Career
- At least five (5) years of experience in government property management with specific skills in asset management.
- US citizen, eligible for DOD security clearance at SECRET level.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Competent in Microsoft Office 365 suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Solid organizational skills and adaptability to ever changing environments.
- Familiarity with Federal government/Navy/MSC property/asset management procedures.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Possesses Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM) certification from a certified body directly involved or indirectly connected with property management processes or able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
1. Provides logistics support for the operational readiness of vessels operated for the Military Sealift Command (MSC)
2. Communicates daily with the MSC Program Manager and Technical Manager to identify, track and expedite high priority requisitions (CASREPs)
3. Coordinates property procedure compliance with purchasing procedures. Reviews and approves federal supply system requisitions. Provides research and recommendations on exception requests.
4. Assists the company’s primary MSC Government Property Control Manager (GCPM) (who is based in the company’s Norfolk, VA office) to:
- Establish and assist in implementing government property procedures and instructions, including monitoring compliance with current procedures.
- Oversee maintenance of Government Property Records.
- Conduct Annual and turnover inventories, financial reports (as they relate to property), and any other reports requiring the accumulation of contract property information on a company-wide basis.
- Conduct periodic internal audits and spot checks to ensure compliance with property procedures.
- Periodically visit Government vessels for logistics oversight and assistance.
5. Assists the Purchasing Manager (Concord CA office) to:
- Manage workload to ensure high priority items are addressed in the most efficient manner and to provide ongoing communication with both internal and external suppliers and customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Purchase vessel parts and supplies. Solicits quotations (written) based on Company Policies and Procedures. Determine best source of supply based on price, quality, availability, terms of payment, delivery terms, vendor evaluation, and/or other criteria.
- Maintain effective communications between the Purchasing Department and the Company’s remotely-based vessel Port Engineers.
- Review requisitioned items for quantity, compliance with approved standards, and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate with vessels and vendors for delivery of supplies and stores to vessels.
6. Approximately 50% of time will be dedicated to Property responsibilities and 50% to Purchasing responsibilities.
7. Able to travel to within the U.S. or to visit managed vessel in foreign locations (approximately 1 week of travel per quarter.) U.S. passport required.
8. Reports to the Purchasing Manager/MSC Contract Manager.
- Apply Instructions
Please apply using the following URL: