Administrative Assistant- Mariner Training & Travel
- Shoreside Operations
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Entry level
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in administrative position or closely related position
- Able to demonstrate administrative, organization, cooperation, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to respond positively to crew and customers in an effective manner.
- Proficient in Office 365, Microsoft word, excel, one drive, and sharepoint and other common business system applications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Understanding of business processes and functions
- Accounting Skills
- Maritime Industry knowledge or prior experience is a plus
- Must have ability to work overtime and nights or weekends as per workload demands.
- May require phone calls at night or on weekends.
JobDescription: Support Marine Personnel Department in tracking, qualifying and vetting personnel and documentation primarily specific to training and travel necesities. Includes assistance to departmental personnel for all crewing related activities to include travel and training arrangements, report submission, correspondence and maintaining customer and company requirements.
Required Education: H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
Support training needs identified by Crewing Coordinator and Manager of Marine Personnel. Knowledge of arrangements for training facilities, schedules, contacts, and contracts as well as course requirements. Coordinate all logistical aspects required for crew to attend specific location of training.
Process training related invoices and prepare for reimbursement under the prescribed policy. Ensure all training reimbursement is submitted to Accounting in efficient manner. Maintain the training accrual-sheet on a real time basis.
Communicate all processed and approved invoices to crewmember and or Union involved, including support and clear explanation as to why any costs were deemed non-reimbursable.
Track, monitor and audit crew training enabling ability to forecast and communicate requirements well before expiration. Prepare waiver request when necessary. Submit training reports related budgeting, weekly training attendance, and status of training reimbursements.
Process monitor and complete EPIC, ManDay, and sign on/off reporting requirements.
Prepare Key Billet Approval Requests as directed
Assist with input and maintenance of training and personnel data tracking systems,
Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Apply Instructions
Candidates please apply using the following URL: https://patriotships.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=11