- Employment type
- Full Time
- Rank: 2nd Asst. Engineer
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jun 30, 2022
- Type of Vessel: Passenger Ship
- Engine Details: MAN 9L32/40
- DWT / GRT: 57600
We are currently recruiting for experienced 3rd ENGINEER for SAGA cruises:
cruise vessel SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY - embarkation ASAP
Contact 3 months +/-1
Salary in GBP per month worked (including leave pay)- to be discussed upon interview
CANDIDATES MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID !
Licence / Qualification requirements;
Required - EOW Unlimited
Staff Chief Engineer
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Any task assigned by the Chief Engineer.
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist all EOOW with Technical Department Responsibility 16 - Engine Room Watchkeeping
The keeping of Engine Room watches as required and identified by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the Safety Management Manual and FOM 1 - Marine Operations.
The composition of the watches is to be adequate and appropriate to the plant and machinery involved. For normal operating conditions the composition of the watches (at minimum) will be identified by the Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the watch composition in conditions other than normal as identified by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
In ships with Unattended Machinery Spaces Certificate, adequate personnel shall always attend the Engine Control Room.
Watch Specific requirements;
Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 4-8 with;
• Lubricating oil purifiers
• Lubricating oil consumption tracking and report
• Lubricating oil sample taking for shore analysis
• Lubricating oil on board analysis
• Lubricating oil filter maintenance
• Reverse Osmosis plant
• Quick closing valves, testing, maintenance
• Domestic water supply and hot water pumps
Or, Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 12-4 with;
• Auxiliary boilers
• Exhaust gas boilers
• Boiler water treatment
• Main Engine turbocharger washing
• Main Engine air coolers washing
• Steam and condensate systems
• All machinery cooling sytems water treatment
• Chemical inventory
• Sewage and Grey water system in machinery spaces
Or, Assist Senior 2nd Engineer 8-12 with;
• Fuel and Diesel oil syatems
• Bilge system, pumps and alarms
• Sludge system
• Fuel bunkering
• Noon and midnight sounding sheets
• Oil record book entries
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.