2nd Electro-Technical Officer
- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Rank: 2nd Electrician
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jun 30, 2022
- Type of Vessel: Passenger Ship
- Engine Details: MAN 9L32/44 CR
- DWT / GRT: 58119
We are currently looking for 2nd Electro-Technical Officer for Saga Cruises - cruise vessel SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE & SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY!
Contract: 3 months +/-1
Salary in GBP / per month - will be advised upon interview
MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID !
Licence / Qualification requirements;
STCW ETO CoC
High Voltage Certification
GMDSS Maintenance Certification
Experience of Kongsberg Systems
Experience of SIEMENS Podded Drive
New Build Experience
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist CETO with Technical Department Responsibility 15 - Electrical Equipment
Responsible to the CETO for:
- The management of the electrical sub-department.
- The safe and efficient repair, maintenance, testing and operation of all electrical and electronic equipment on board (with the exception of those under the control of the Computer Systems Officer)
- The day-to-day discipline and control of electrical staff under their direct supervision.
- Navigation, electronics and automation systems including but not limited to:
- Telephone system
- Public address system
- UHF/VHF radio system
- Fire alarm system
- Ensure that planned and unplanned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
- Ensure accessibility to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
- Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.