To work in Maritime Security
MAY 1995 - FEB 2009 Able Seaman Warfare Specialist First Class, Royal Navy
* Supervised juniors on fault finding and defect rectifications on a wide range of electronic and engineering equipment.
* Carried out panned and preventative maintenance on Hydraulic and High Voltage electronic equipment.
* Taking charge of a small team employed on the installation and setting to work of dehumidification plant, which included the rigging and de-rigging of equipment on a number of Warships in preservation.
* Monitored and coached junior trainee's to gain the qualities and attributes required for promotion within the Royal Navy.
* Ensured ships safety and the safety of all personnel onboard a Warship, by constantly checking and maintaining all sea survival equipment.
* Responsible for the health and safety of junior personnel, during highly dangerous seamanship evolutions.
* Showed exceptional strength and stamina as a Rescue Swimmer, while conducting operations in the Atlantic ocean, often in arctic conditions.
* Contributed to an excellent assessment of a security inspection, using leadership skills and knowledge of security matters while working as part of a team responsible the the overall security of a top Naval establishment.
* Safely transferring personnel by seaboat during Fishery Protection boarding operations in extreme sea and weather conditions, as well as the many dangers faced by fishing vessels themselves.
* In charge of updating and correcting Maritime charts to aide in the safe passage of Warships worldwide.
* Involved in the security and control of all emergencies onboard one of the U.Ks most popular tourist attractions, HMS Victory, dealing with personnel from all nationalities.
* GCSE's - Maths, English, Chemistry, Geography, French, Craft & Design.
* Royal Navy Warfare Specialist
* RYA Powerboat Level 2
* Sea Survival Equipment Maintainer & Supervisor
* Intermediate Fire Fighter
* Efficient Deckhand
* Navigators Yeoman
* PADI Advanced Diver
* Emergency First Aid at Work
* Experience and knowledge of operating and maintaining electronic and engineering equipment, including ship borne weapon systems
* An extensive security background involving armed and unarmed security of Naval Warships and Military establishments, as well as carrying out patrols and both vehicle and personnel searches.
*An exceptional Powerboat Coxswain, being able to handle the boats with ease, even in the most hazardous of weather conditions, while keeping a keen eye on safety.
*An excellent communicator, able to deal with the public in a calm, friendly and conscientious manner, often in hostile situations.
* Strong leadership and operational skills with the ability to achieve goals using own initiative.
* A confident maritime Fire-Fighter, being able to take charge of fire fighting evolutions when required to do so.