Vice President of Business Development
- Sales / Marketing
SENIOR-LEVEL SALES AND OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
GLOBAL MANAGER WITH SIGNIFICANT TRACK RECORD LAUNCHING AND DEVELOPING NEW PROJECTS
Proven Leadership for New and Existing Operations of Air and Ground Transportation Companies on National Scale
Exemplary Track Record of High-End Contracts and Exponential Growth through Strategic Initiatives
Data Analysis ·P & L Management ·Operations ·Product Development ·Territory Management ·Strategic Planning ·Sales Strategies ·Marketing ·Forecasting ·Budgeting ·Mentoring ·Profit Optimization ·Cost Reduction and Containment ·
Customer Relationship Management ·Vendor Relationship Management ·Client Acquisition ·Performance Tracking
Northern Aviation Services
Vice President of Business Development 2014 to Present
Vice President of Business Development with Northern Aviation Services, based in Dallas, Texas. Northern Aviation Services (NAS), specializing in industry related services, is comprised of six operating brands. Aloha Air Cargo and Northern Air Cargo, Hawaii and Alaska’s largest scheduled all-cargo airlines. Strat Air, a Miami based All-Cargo ACMI operator. Aloha Tech Ops and Northern Air Maintenance Services, both FAA certified Part 145 Repair Stations. NAS Contract Services, providing a range of aviation related support services worldwide. These six companies deliver a wide variety of aviation experience for customers such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, ConocoPhillips, Shell, American Airlines, DHL and a host of Freight Forwarders.
The main focus of our efforts is to further develop our scheduled air cargo routes, open new trade lanes with additional capacity, place aircraft on ACMI, CMI or C services, locate and develop acquisition candidates that enhance our portfolio of services and to offer a full complement of logistics solutions under our parent companies umbrella of carriers. Successfully launched LAX-HNL-LAX 767-300F operations in October 2014 connecting the Mainland to Hawaii and the Neighbor Islands of OGG, KOA, ITO & LIH. Part of the Executive Team that identified and purchased an aviation operation in Miami, FL during 2016, adding 2 X 767 Freighters to our Caribbean operations. Launched new air cargo services to the Caribbean with additional assets in October 2016. Established Interline agreements with S. E. Asian Carriers which allows them to use HNL as a transit point and connect to our Aloha Air Cargo freighter for Mainland destinations. Successfully secured consistent cargo flows on our partner carrier’s 767-200 PAX flight from HNL-LAS, adding new revenue to our Aloha P & L. Signed an ACMI contract for a Northern Air Cargo 737-300F fall of 2015. Signed an agreement with an E-commerce client in April 2016 for daily lift from LAX to Honolulu & the neighbor islands, which decreased transit times by 1 day versus current market offerings.
US Aviation-United Airlines Cargo
General Manager Air Cargo & Mail 2012 to 2014
Program Manager for United Airlines Cargo operations in Honolulu-HNL, Kona-KOA and Maui-OGG. Successfully transitioned the current UA Cargo & Mail operations to US Aviation Services Company and have taken the metrics and SLA’s beyond plan. Responsible for strategic planning, staffing, training and implementation of a management system designed to eliminate root causes for cargo failures.
- Drove Flown as Planned, Received from Flight and USPS Mail metrics above pre-takeover levels. Was recognized by President of United Airlines Cargo for “Having the most successful peak season ever moving AMOT mail”.
- Led the initiative to culturally change the local customer service dynamics to a more professionally geared product. Gained buy-in from culturally sensitive work force.
- Implemented cost conscious process flows and team building programs to strengthen the operation for the future. Successfully transitioned the team to Emirates Skychain Cargo IT Platform in July, 2013.
- Successfully bid for ANA-All Nippon Airways cargo operations, which commenced services with US Aviation September 2013. Secured Allegiant Air, Passenger, Ramp and Cabin Appearance contracts for and .
Evergreen International Airlines
Director, Regional Sales 2011 to 2012
Spearhead all sales initiatives for and Pacific Regions, including LAX, HNL, DFW, LAS, IAH, SFO, SAN, OGG. Drive growth in air cargo purchases for 747 freighter fleet capacity, including, achieving 45+ RFPs since beginning tenure. Identify new air cargo trade lanes to optimize aircraft utilization, regularly build pricing and operational models for clients, and actively solicit passenger and cargo ground handling contracts as well as de-icing and maintenance contracts. Utilize hands-on approach to manage operations and warehouse staffing levels, negotiate leasing agreements, and coach & mentor all sales staff.
- Drove $700K in weekly revenue through development of America trade lane, utilizing a 747-200 freighter, with twice weekly flights.
- Highest producer among Sr. Sales Directors for uncovering new business opportunities, worldwide.
- Captured $850K and $240K in passenger and ramp handling contracts for and airports respectively. Successfully directed and managed the start-up operations for the new island service.
Flying Tigers Air Cargo, LLC
Senior Director, Sales and Operations 2010 to 2011
Was recruited on 18-month contract to achieve profitability & build a sustainable operation for a newly created company. Utilized air, ocean, 53’ van, flat bed, box truck, and warehousing services to establish transportation infrastructure domestically and internationally. Responsible for P & L while directing day-to-day operations including: hiring, training, contract negotiations, and budget forecasting. Implemented all necessary growth strategies, including marketing, promotional merchandise and advertising.
- Directed all initial licensing, permitting and sales for company development, built infrastructure and other concerns.
- Achieved $40K a month in profit within one year of tenure.
- Successfully established a freight forwarder, trucking and logistics operation with excellent potential.
Global Logistics & Transportation, Inc.
President 1997 to 2010
Conceived and built a two-employee startup into a 35-person freight forwarding and logistics operation. Revenues grew to over $4M annually and we operated 28 company owned vehicles. Innovated and operated Next Day Air Service from to to meet the needs of high-end clientele. Implemented and oversaw lean management principals for continued efficiency of 24-hour expedited ground transport network. Spearheaded a FAA Part 135 application & approval process that led to the purchase & operation of Piper Navajo aircraft.
- Successfully maintained 12% year-over-year growth.
- Conceived, Developed and Implemented a nationwide distribution operation for major racing circuit.
- Acquired broad range of clientele, including major tire manufacturer and home delivery of pharmaceuticals, electronics, and furniture.
Air Tiger/Orient Express
General Manager 1996 to 1997
Directed opening and development of two new offices, (Cleveland, OH and Columbus, OH) in order to build up and grow overall import and export freight forwarding operation by handling P & L, managed purchasing & leasing contracts, customs brokerage activities and managing Asian charter flights for clients such as Limited Stores and Mast Industries.
Unistar Air Cargo-UPS/Yamato
City Manager 1993 to 1996
Drove extensive expansion of new venture through overseeing overall start up efforts, including being first to receive “Sales Revenue Award” for a new station. Consistently met and exceeded sales targets by calling existing and prospective businesses with effective pitches.
Additional experience as:Sales and Account Managerand Sales Representative at DHL Worldwide Express and Pilot Air Freight respectively.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT:
College Coursework: Marketing and Management, ,
Pilot Training: Multi-Engine, Instrument Rated Pilot: 244.7 Total Hours of Single and Multi-Engine Instrument – Training completed at Flight Safety, All ATP, and Cleveland Air Sports
TSA Security Coordinator, Dangerous Goods Certified, Aircraft De-ice Trained, Class B CDL