VHF HF Communication Technical Operator & Computer Technical Support
- Information Technology
R E S U M E
Abid Wadood Mufti
UNHCR SO Peshawar, KPK,
Thirteen years of progressive experience as Telecommunication Technician with UNHCR. Main area of interest are Designing and implementing, IT, VHF/HF (Motorola & Icom), Access Control/RFID, Microwave links, IP based CCTV, VoIP (Avaya BCM450)/Digital/Analog Telephony, VSAT, Video conferencing, RFID networks, Vehicle Tracking System (VTS). Possesses unique combination of an extremely technical back ground and hands on managerial experience. Member of UN ICT working group and participating inter agency meetings, assisting UNDSS and other UN sister agencies to meet operational and security requirements. Establishing MOSS compliance radio rooms. Making/maintaining inventory and keeping the stock to satisfy the needs of operations. Rendering telecoms services to other UN sister agencies as UNHCR is a lead agency in sub cluster of telecoms. Rendered training to all staff on ICT networks. Certified Telecoms Technician actively reviews, assess current telecommunications applications in order to be alert to recurrent problems and recognize the requirement for change or improvement. Identifies and recommends feasible and realistic telecommunications needs which give best results in the light of requirements and constraints, using own technical knowledge and experience effectively.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Switching, Routing & Troubleshoot) 2015.
- Cisco Certified Networks Associate (CCNA Routing/Switching) 2013.
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management Learning Program 2014
- Certificate Course, Sirin College of Technology Haripur, 1996-1997, Subjects included Telecommunication Instruments.
- Bachelor of Science (Computer), Islamia College Peshawar, 1990. Subjects included Computer Sciences/Communications (LAN etc.), Physics, Mathematics.
- Fellow of Science (Pre-Engineering), Islamia College Peshawar 1988, Subjects included Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Matriculation, University Public School, Peshawar, 1986. Subjects included Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Worked as Telecommunication Technician in UNHCR, Peshawar, KPK, Pakistan.
Ø Manager Telecommunication’s unit.
Ø Installation of Microwave links and maintenance.
Ø Installation of IP based CCTV and maintenance.
Ø Installation of BCM450 IP based voice server and maintenance.
Ø Following the procurement procedures and assessment of the market for the procurement of telecommunication equipment.
Ø Using my own technical expertise to ensure equipment is properly installed and fully functional.
Ø Conducting training sessions for all UN staff members to familiarize them about the telecommunications and its operations.
Ø Installation of Codans (HF Transceivers) and VHF Motorola Transceivers in UN vehicles.
Ø Programming of HF and VHF transceivers and proper Installation of Antennas.
Ø Installation of the VHF Repeaters and maintenance.
Ø Survey of the sites where the repeaters are required to be installed.
Ø Making and Maintaining Inventory of all equipment in Excel and online CIMT application.
Ø Minor Repairs of all telecommunication equipment.
Ø Issuing Handheld (Motorola GP-380) to the staff and programming.
Ø Radio Operations and instructions to the staff members for the effective communications.
Ø Issuing the call signs to the staff members and pin codes.
Ø DTS Communication.
Ø Maintaining PABX.
- Assisting Supply Chain Unit during procurement of telecoms equipment keeping in view UNHCR standards and procedures.
- Preparation of required equipment lists with consultation of Regional ICT Office and identification of available budget.
- Receive goods and services both physically and maintaining inventory.
- Deployment of the equipment to its final destination.
- Assisting to prepare contract/agreements of services, customs clearance in admin section.
- Coordinate with Regional ICT Officer to ensure that the required level of contingency telecoms stock is maintain.
Courses Arranged by UNHCR
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management Learning Program 2014
- Installation and Maintenance of Vehicle tracking system
- Advance and basic security in the field
- Advance Training and Maintenance of Icom dPMR
- The training focuses on advanced radio communications based on iCOM technology. The course covers several aspects such as programming handsets, repeaters IP2AIR/Mobile base stations as well trouble shooting and designing radio networks.
- Icom dPMR programing and troubleshooting held in KL, Malaysia conducted Icom France.
- CCNP Training
- Avaya BCM450 VoIP and IP Telephony Training Course, Installation and troubleshooting conducted Vserv International Pvt. Ltd., in 2011.
- Motorola Mototrbo, training held by HR communications Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Certificate Course VSAT, Installation and troubleshooting, Raisting, Germany 2008. Registered with Global VSAT forum.
- Attended the course arranged by UNHCR for MS word, Excel and GroupWise.
- Attended four days training course with Mansha Brothers Pvt. Ltd Islamabad, Pakistan, and successfully completed the software and hardware utilities of the Digital Super Hybrid System KXTD-500(PABX).
- Attended a course and successfully completed “Basic Security in the Field- Staff Safety, Health, and Welfare”.
- Attended a course of “United Nations Code of Conduct”.
- Attended training of GIS and GPS
- Attended training of NGT HF Transceiver Programming conducted by CODAN.
- Attended telecommunication workshop held in KL Malaysia in October 2007.
- Attended VSAT installations and training course held in Raisting, Germany.
- Mesh networking workshop attended from July 26-30, 2010 from Institute of Space Technology, Pakistan.
- I was assigned to UNHCR Damak, Nepal for installation of 3.2 KVA solar photovoltaic solar system in CTA building and electrification. It was one of the largest highly technical tasks which were carried out successfully. Created LAN and installation of workstations for refugee students.
- Joint mission with UNODC to establish twenty four radio rooms for security agencies with the help of Government of Pakistan in flood effected areas.
- Assisted Télécoms Sans Frontières (TSF) for survey to establish GSM call centers for three million Swat IDP’s and established VHF network with close coordination with ICT WG Committee to avoid duplications.
- Established VHF network by installing ten VHF repeaters Motorola GR500 to cover maximum region.
- Conducted survey to established VHF networks using VHF Sinclair repeater duplexer to strengthen VHF communications.
- Comparative studies of different GSM operators and made it more cost effective and submitted reports.
- VSAT installation in field unit Sadda Kurrum Agency and facilitated field staff with voice and data services.
- Liaised with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority and Pakistan Frequency Allocation Board and got the licenses to facilitate all UN agencies.
- Recruited Telecommunication operators for UNDSS and other UN agencies.
- Established MOSS compliance radio rooms in Flood emergency and during the earthquake.
- On request of BOI during Earthquake fifteen vehicles were equipped with HF and VHF just in four days.
- LAN Construction and Network Administration
- Expertise hands in troubleshooting of Computer hardware related problems such like UPS, Printer and Drivers.
- Managing and Maintaining the Servers, PC’s, Routers and Switches.
- Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Networking Equipment’s.
- Network processing, centralized and distributive network connection.
- Installing, configuring and administering network technologies.
- Installed and configured workstations for IP/IPX based LAN.
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/Server.
- Monitoring servers remotely.
- Backup Management, Reporting and Recovery.
- Disaster Recovery by making backups.
- Provision of Internet Access and Management of bandwidth.
- Installing configuring administrating software applications.
- Installation of Server 2008.
- Documentation of all the work done using Powerpoint, Excel and MS word.
- Preparing monthly work status report and updating technology specific Documents.
- Responsible for designing and implementation of network infrastructure.
- Help negotiate hardware, software, and circuit contracts for staff.
- AP2 License Holder to use HF, VHF & UHF Transceivers Privately issued by Ministry of Interior, Islamabad. International Call Sign is “AP2AWM”.
- Digital Communication.
- Represented Faculty of law on many occasions in extra curricular activities.
- Member Squash Club at Army Garrison Officers Mess, Fort Road, Peshawar Cantt.
- Construction of mobile and base antennas for VHF and HF.
- Expertise in Motorola/ Codan/Icom/ Yeasu/ Kenwood Communication Equipment.