- Vessel Operations
- Assist the chief engineer and assistant engineer in doing daily maintenance or repairs to vessel equipment.
- Oil and grease moving parts such as gears, shafts and bearings of engines and auxiliary equipment used to propel maritime vessels.
- Start and stop auxiliary machinery.
- Assist with lining up valves and lines for engine room systems.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance.
- Keep engine room and other machinery spaces clean and oil free.
- Fill oil cups on machinery with grease and lubricating oil according to machinery lubrication instructions.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges, recording data in the engineering log.
- Clean and paint the machinery space and all the machinery in it to prevent corrosion.
- Take readings and measurements to examine machinery for specific pressure and flow of lubricants.
- Perform minor repairs.
- engine troubleshooting, overhauling and diagnosing 3 years by 2016
Marine Engineering at Concord Technical Institute2008 - 2012
- Bachelor's Degree