To work in a company where I can optimally use my experience & skills to make valuable contribution for the growth of the company. Have experience in managing port call related expenses for the ship managers, operators and charterers. Also have complete knowledge of general port agent's full scope of work for tankers & bulk vessels.
Assistant Operation Manager-
12/2001 to Current
DA-Desk FZ-LLC Dubai
DA-Desk is an independent provider of port cost management services to the shipping industry.
* Successfully managed a team of 6 executives.
* Independently verified shipping agent’s Proforma Disbursement Account and Final Disbursement Account against port’s tariff, charter party clauses, and agency agreements between the principal and his agents.
* Communicated closely with ship operators and principal’s commercial department.
* Communicated closely with shipping agencies and resolved their disputes.
* Allocated expenses under relevant cost categories viz. Port Costs, Head Owner’s Costs, Charterers & Cargo Costs, Agency Remuneration etc.
* Calculated Charterers expense with respect to vessel’s shifting between 2 or more berths, and as per World Scale recommendations.
* Assisted principals in creating a proper audit trail; and created full visibility through automatic SWIFT confirmations for those principals using DA-Desk’s cash management solution.
* Circulars to agents for advice and explanation on the common issues and newsletters for any new development in DA-Desk.
* Conducted Agency Satisfaction Survey of the agents worldwide.
* Obtained Time Bar Charterers invoices from Port agents and dispatched to the Principal’s claim department before the end of Time Bar period.
* Calculated Outlay commissions on head owners expenses paid by Ship Operators. Dispatched owner’s invoices to the Operators for rebilling to owners.
* Communicated and co-ordinated with other port vendors/suppliers.
* Completed all activities within Service level Agreements (SLA) with customers.
* Maintained monthly team reports and reported to management.
Senior Executive- Port Operations
06/1998 to 12/2001
Interocean Shipping (India) Pvt Ltd- Mumbai
* Worked as general port agents for tankers & bulk vessels calling Indian Ports. Possess hands-on experience of port procedures and shipping practices.
* Completed full scope of work as per check list prior to vessel's arrival, during stay in port and after sailing.
* Prepare proforma Disbursement account, arranged advance funds from principal and paid port dues & vendors/suppliers invoices.
* Prepare Final Disbursement Account for the port call after sailing of the vessel.
* Communicated closely with Charterers, brokers, ship operators.
* Keeping Principals and Charterers well informed about vessel's prospects, cargo out-turn figures and time sheet.
* Always protecting the principal’s interests while the ship is in port.
* Ensured quick turn-around and smooth cargo operations.
* Developed rapport with major charterers, brokers, ship operators and managers in order to ensure steady flow of business for the company. Solicited business for the new fixtures.
Graduate School of Business and Administration-Ghaziabad, India
* Bachelor of Commerce
Ranchi University- Ranchi, India
* Diploma in Computer Application
* Problem solving ability.
* Focused on customer satisfaction.
* Communication & interpersonal relationship
* Leadership & team management.
* Adapts & improvises to suit market conditions.
* Client relations specialist.
* Punctuality and time management.
* Skilled multi-tasker.