Work in a fast paced,challenging and active environment.
24th March 1996 – 30th June 2006
Republic of Singapore Navy
Year 2002 – 2006
Communications Operations Supervisor - Coastal Command Communications Office
• Direct operations of the Radio Operations Room and supervise all personnel assigned to the watch.
• Coordinate on-the-job (OJT) & cross training of personnel in the Communications Dept.
• Interpret, disseminate & enforce the necessary policies & communications procedures.
• Perform Petty-Officer-of-the-Day duties to ensure the ship’s security and that the ship’s events for the day are smoothly carried out.
• Presentation of projects to higher management to increase the efficiency and cost cutting measures for the department.
• Ensure the ship’s internal and external communications systems are in good working conditions.
2000 – 2002
Ship Chief Communicator - RSS Justice
• Ensure efficient operations/maintenance of all radio communications equipment onboard.
• Take charge of all Communications publications, including amendments, updates, and proper stowage of important documents.
• Assist and advice Commanding Officer in all communications issues.
• Train Radio Operators regularly to ensure that they attend the training conducted by the Squadron.
• Ensure proper communications procedures are adhered according to the communications directives, publications and orders.
1998 – 2000
Squadron Chief Communicator - Police Coast Guard Coastal Patrol Craft Squadron
• Monitor proficiency level of Communicators in the Squadron
• Appraise the proficiency of Communicators during Exercise inspections
• Ensure conduct of communications training in conjunction with quarterly schedule
• Ensure that Communications Department of all ships in the Squadron is at its highest state of operational readiness in terms of personnel and equipment
• Assist and Advise Squadron Commanding Officer in all communications matters
• Organise and Supervise the Communication Departments for the handling of internal distribution of messages/signals within the Squadron
• Represent the Squadron in its contacts with any external agencies that concern communications
1996 – 1998
Junior Leading Communicator(Onboard RSS Freedom,RSS Sovereignty,RSS Resilience)
Jan 1996 – Nov 1996 GCE ‘O” Level - Singapore Armed Forces Education Centre
Jan 1990 – Dec 1995 GCE ‘O” Level - Christ Church Secondary School
• Attended Chief Petty Officer Course inclusive of Safety Supervisor at Republic of Singapore Navy School of Naval Training
• Proficient in English and Malay
• Certified in MS Office Applications
• Certified in Advanced Fire-Fighting Course
• Attended National Strength & Commission Association Certified Personal Trainer Course(NSCA-CPT)
• CPR/First -Aid Certification by the Singapore Red Cross Society
2004 Macromedia Dream Weaver (Almoner Consultancy School)
2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 (Informatics Computer School)
2002 Advanced PowerPoint 2000 (Informatics Computer School)
2001 Effective Working Relationships (Integrative Learning Corporation P/L)
1998 Microsoft Word 97 (Genetic Computer School)
1994 Microsoft Word Ver.2.0 (Edulink Training & Consultancy Services)