- Maritime Training
- Master (Foreign Going) issued by the Directorate General of India, Govt of India.
- “Train the Trainer” Course approved by The Directorate General of Shipping, Govt of India.
- All certificates upgraded to STCW 95 (2010)
- ECDIS, Leadership and Managerial Skills, all Basic and Advanced Training Courses, GMDSS, ARPA, Qualified Assessor
Over 17 years of teaching experience in the maritime industry.
Interacting and Training crew and officers of varying seniority, rank of diversified cultures and nationalities.
Data entry and preparing training course material.
Administrative work including preparing reports, making schedules, documentation and designing forms.
May 2016 to June 2019:
Lead Deck Instructor and Simulator Operator at Resolve Maritime Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Specializing in research, development and instruction of various courses and training modules for senior and junior level officers including operating the “Transas Full Mission Simulator”.
Approved by USCG to teach the following courses:
- Radar Observers Recertification
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch
- Bridge Resource Management (5 days and 3 Days)
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- VSO/SSO/FSO (Combined course)
- Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Crisis Management & Human Behavior
- Radar Observer (Unlimited)
- Qualified Assessor
Teaching the following Non – USCG Approved Courses:
- Collision Regulations
- Advanced Ship Handling
February 2015 to April 2016
Marine surveyor with “American Marine and Cargo Inc”, Baltimore, USA, carrying out independent Draft Surveys, Cargo Surveys, Bunker Surveys, Cargo Hold Inspections, On-Hire condition Survey, P & I Club inspections on dry cargo ships and Bulk Carriers.
August 2014 to October 2014:
HSEQ Manager at Wilhelmsen Ship Management. Houston, Texas.
Organizing vessel’s ISM and ISPS Audits (Internal and External) and Flag State inspections. Interacting with flag states, class, PSCs and ships regarding audit findings and reports for closure.
January 2001 to July 2014:
Head of Department (Nautical Studies), at the International Maritime Training Centre, Mumbai, India (a part of the Wilhelmsen Ship Management group company, Norway) and
Company Training Officer for Deck Cadets of Wilhelmsen Ship Management.
As a company training officer, involved in recruiting and mentoring deck cadets.
Experience in the use of “Kongsberg Full Mission Bridge Simulator”.
Actively involved in development, and instruction of the following courses:
- Bridge Team Management
- Ship Maneuvering Simulator and Bridge Teamwork
- Vessel specific Ship Handling Simulator Courses
- Type Specific ECDIS Training on MARIS equipment.
- Ship to Ship Transfer (STS)
1996 to 2000 Master on Ro-Ro, Pure Car Carriers (PCC) and Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTC) of Wilhelmsen Ship Management, Norway.
1989 to 1996 Sailed as 2 Officer and Chief Officer on Pure Car Carriers (PCC) and Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTC), Ro-Ro vessels, General Cargo vessels, Bulk Carrier and Seismic Survey vessels managed by Wilhelmsen Ship Management, Norway.
1979 to 1988 Served as Cadet, 3 Officer and 2 Officer on General Cargo Ships and Bulk Carriers of Scindia Steam Navigation Co. Ltd, Mumbai. India
Excellent communication skills