Seeking the challenging position of a Marine Engineer in an organization where I can use my technical knowledge and management skills keeping safe working practices as my priority. With the education and training received at the M.E.R.I., Kolkata, a premier institute of Marine Engineering, I am fully geared up to meet any kind of challenges in the time to come and am confidently looking forward for a bright future. I understand the fact that it is the seafarer on board the vessel, who is the operator and protector of the Ship Owner’s asset. With an aim to enhance my knowledge, I am determined to become a valuable asset to the organization I serve.
• 3-year workshop training
• 6-month Kolkata Port Trust training
• Was part of a team which participated in inter-college model making competition on topic “Jet Propulsion and Automatic Course Correction”
The concept was to make the model of a rudderless-ship which moves using jet propulsion i.e. by passing a jet of fluid in the opposite direction of the motion. By using light dependent resistors (LDR) the course of the ship is guided through. Hence, allowing the robotic vessel to correct its course when it strays from the desired path.
Graduated in Bachelor of Marine Engineering from Marine Engineering & Research Institute (formerly known as D.M.E.T.) Kolkata, India. (Admissions to which are made through the IIT-JEE)
• Oil Tanker Familiarization (bearing Certificate No. 01126, from Indian Maritime University, Kolkata)
• EXN 45 (MEO class IV, Part A exemption)
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to work under pressure.
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Excellent leadership and delegation skills.
• Critical thinking skills and excellent training skills.
• Ability to motivate and develop team members.
• Excellent management skills.