To obtain gainful employment within the maritime transportation and logistics industry.
03/14- Present Marine Operations Coordinator, Harley Marine Services, Inc., Los Angeles, CA.
• Marine coordination, communication and logistics with tugs, barges, office personnel, crews, pilots, agents, terminals and the USCG.
• Fast paced and dynamic tug and barge scheduling.
• Maintaining records and preparing bills for service.
• Ship assist and tug utilization in the LA/Long Beach Harbor and the Puget Sound.
• Communication and quick response to emergency fleet incidents.
• Marketing in terms of customer development and maintaining customer relationships.
• Participation in a green company and furthering our efforts towards energy efficiency.
• Crewing the tugs and the barges in addition to reviewing their logs.
• Tracking company and crew performance activities.
01/12 – 01/14 Volvo Business Development Manager, Alan Byer Auto Group, Syracuse, NY.
• Efficiently manage the control of inventory on a daily basis and the development of inventory control procedures.
• Utilizing customer relationship management in order to formulate and execute company tasks.
• Increased our customer satisfaction index by developing a series of customer service procedures.
• Increased our level of marketing across all areas of advertising.
• Strengthened our media advertising and event promotions.
• Internet business development through the management of several company websites.
• Developed a pricing and logistical movement of inventory strategy for the auto group.
Summers 2009 & 2011 Cadet Shipped- Empire State VI, SUNY Maritime Training Ship
• Completed rotational watches throughout the vessel including a cadet officer watch standing position.
• Educated on ship particulars, ship stability, terrestrial navigation, celestial navigation, ship handling, ship maintenance and repair, seamanship skills, firefighting, cargo gear, first aid, CPR, GMDSS, mooring equipment, ground tackle, and lifesaving devices.
01/10- 04/10 Apprentice Officer- Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Cruise Lines, Miami, FL.
• Responsible for vessel safety and the performing of coast guard safety inspections.
• Achieved a higher level of responsibility for ship navigation and ship handling.
• Execution of 3-4 arrival and departures during the week with mooring management responsibilities.
• Completed two four hour bridge watches daily.
09/09-11/09 Campaign Bronx Division Group Leader, Mayor Bloomberg Fall Campaign, Bronx, NY.
• Campaigning and event planning for the 2009 re-election campaign for Mayor Bloomberg.
• Managed campaigners and assisted with the training of new hires.
M.S in International Transportation Management/Graduate Deck License Program, May 2012
U.S.C.G Third Mates Unlimited Tonnage License, May 2012.
Graduated with honors.
SUNY Maritime College, Bronx, NY.
B.S in Marketing
Graduated in May 2008
Oswego State University of New York, Oswego, NY.
• U.S.C.G Third Mate Unlimited Tonnage License, TWIC card, Global Maritime Distress and Safety System Operator’s License, Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch Certificate, Tankerman Assistant for Tankships Carrying Dangerous Liquid Oil or Chemical Cargoes Certificate, STCW Certified, Advanced Marine Firefighting Certificate, Radar Observer Certificate, Automatic Radar Plotting Aids Certificate, Vessel Safety and Security Systems Certificate, Personal Survival Techniques Certificate, Basic First Aid and CPR Certificate and Survival Craft and Fast Rescue Boat Certificate.
USCG Unlimited Tonnage Third Mate. Web based scheduling, data entry, PC software programs.
Looking for employment in the New York area.