To obtain a challenging position within a business setting that would best utilize my experience. I’m organized, detail oriented, and have excellent people skills.
Goal: To obtain a challenging position within a business setting that would best utilize my experience. I’m organized, detail oriented, and have excellent people skills.
2002-2007: Facility Security Officer / Shipping and Receiving Supervisor / Purchasing, Messrs SSA/Cooper, LLC
• Completed MTSA training and acted as Facility Security Officer as required by 33 CFR 105.205,
• Trained all facility personnel,
• Trained as required for CTPAT.
• Supervised and recorded the movement of cargo by truck and rail.
• Implemented improved receive & delivery procedures for all types of cargo, eliminating all rail demurrage charges.
• Handled purchasing of supplies and material for all Jacksonville operations greatly reducing costs.
2001 – 2002: Senior Traffic Clerk / T.D.T., Messrs SSA/Cooper, LLC
• Assisted in improvement of receipt and delivery procedures for containerized cargo.
• Responsible for the planning/debugging of prototype PC based terminal management software.
• Responsible for providing administrative support for all aspects of receiving & delivery of containerized cargo.
1997 –2001: Terminal / Warehouse Manager, Messrs SSA/Cooper, LLC
• Managed 8+ acre warehouse and adjacent terminal.
• Responsible for receipt and delivery of all cargo,
• Saw to labor hire
• Responsible for invoicing
• Ensured orders arrived and were dispatched on time, and to the appropriate destinations, in the expected quantities.
• Maintained schedule and production while reducing payroll by 20%.
• Established the “prototype” truck “just in time” delivery system for Proctor & Gamble.
1991 – 1997: Terminal Manager , Messrs SSA/Cooper, LLC for Hamburg-Sued.
• Started up/managed a 20 acre container terminal.
• Hired, fired, and trained employees.
• Established receive and delivery procedures.
• Received COTP Letter of Commendation
1989 – 1991: Operations Manager, McGiffin & Company:
• Overall responsibility for vessel operations and “special accounts”.
1980 – 1989: Operations Manager/Assistant General Manager, Carolina Shipping Company:
• Primarily responsible for vessel operations and a staff of 12.
1972 – 1980 Self employed Commercial/industrial photography.
1970 – 1972 Metropolitan Life. – Sales, NASD, SEC, and St. Johns Business School, .
1967 – 1970 U.S.M.C. – Honorably discharged from U.S.M.C. as an E4, MOS warehousing and security.
Education and Training:
• Attended Adelphi Business College, Manhattan.
• Attended business specific law courses at Saint Johns Business School, Queens
• Attended various business related “Continuing Education” classes at FJC and JU.
• Trained in hazmat by Hazardous Materials Advisory Council, Orlando.
• Incident Command System certified