To join a technology team that will put to use and challenge my unique skills as an Electronic Navigation Systems expert, with engineering, operational, technical, testing, training and customer support experience. To work where I can enjoy complex and multi faceted assignments and where pulling together as a team is essential. I’m looking for a company where I may continue to promote customer satisfaction and loyalty.
PROFESSIONAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Technical Engineering Support
* Extensive experience working with corporate and government agencies.
* Provided technical support for a broad range of systems including software, hardware, data operations, installations and documentation; field travel to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
* Performed installations of marine electronics aboard numerous vessels, such as ECS/ECDIS, GPS, Automatic Identification systems (AIS), depth sounders, marine pc, radar interface, NMEA devices, heading devices.
* Managed projects for systems upgrade and installations from initial research through execution.
* Member of five-person help desk for 500 vessels and shore facilities, servicing 100+ calls per week.
Operational and Engineering Testing
* Developed and executed operational and engineering testing of various applications and upgrades.
* Recorded testing in engineering tracking database and provided documentation of results.
* Worked closely with engineers to diagnose software bugs and develop solutions.
Classroom and Simulator Training
* Course developer and Lead Instructor for the Integrated Ship Control System Course, the USCG’s first Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS) course.
Administered and instructed the course with two Bridge Mockup Simulators.
* Designed and developed curriculum & presentation for computer-based training and simulator.
* Lead design consultant for an in-classroom mini mockup for USCG ECDIS and Dynamic Position System.
* Traveled to conduct many training courses to both military and corporate customers.
Technical Sales Support Engineer
* Researched issues, prepared analysis and presentations and wrote final proposal reports.
* Provided technical direction for development, design and systems integration for client.
* Participated in several team efforts on complex technical projects from creation to retirement.
* Primary customer to engineer liaison; translating customer concerns into engineering requirements, detailed system design and technical specifications.
* Established customer confidence with personal attention and timely resolution of problems.
* Experience with computer hardware technologies: Windows and configuring printers and peripherals. Competent to upgrade and repair PCs and peripherals. Work with network and serial devices and other interface related components.
* Proficient with software applications: MS Office Suite, Visio, Graphic and Web applications such as Photoshop and FrontPage, database management (Access/SQL).
* Experience with computer graphic presentations and sound systems for performances & productions.
US Navy Navigation School
Trident Technical College
USCG Navigation School
Emergency Medical Technician |
USCG Small Boat Operation
Database Management |
Computer Systems Mgmt
Electronic Chart System
Ship Control Systems
E-Nav Chart Production
* My broad military and corporate experience has provided a college equivalency to a bachelor degree allowing me to work on a level playing field with degreed colleagues. I learn quickly, bring competent capabilities and a cooperative spirit to the team that contributes to a company’s objectives.
* Thirty-two years of broad-based experience in military and civilian aspects of marine electronics, navigation systems and associated technology, including service in Coast Guard, Navy and civilian contracting.
* Proactive and motivated professional, proficient in working under pressure on complex assignments requiring diagnosis, analysis and troubleshooting with commitment to superior results.
* Career-length engagement in electronic navigation (e-nav), having participated in significant developments in the field, including standards and policies that govern e-charts and e-nav.
* Proven ability to produce high levels of customer satisfaction, confidence and loyalty, regularly exceeding expected levels of production and accomplishment.
* Reputation as self-motivated, dedicated individual who quickly masters new technology, with the ability to translate complex ideas and processes into technical facts.
* Regularly works as a team leader or team member providing a broad range of support both on-site and remote.
* Skilled as a technical trainer and course developer, bridging the gap between users and their technology.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills including documentation and presentations to keep supervisors, team members and customers informed of status and developments.
* Contributed to the development of global standards, policies and guide lines, on an international level, that enabled me to ensure these international standards were included in system requirements and designs as well as ensuring final engineering testing of systems met these standards.
* Participant with U.S. Government agencies on e-charts and e-nav International Standards, such as the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards working groups.
* Participant with U.S. Government agencies on e-charts and e-nav, such as the Hydrographic Harmonization Information Working Group on Interoperability between ENCs and digital Nautical Charts (DNC).