Seeking an opportuntiy where I can use my experience as a Sales & Marketing and Management Professional with many years’ of varied professional experience encompassing Product Launching & Business Development, Team Leadership, Distributor Network Building, and Customer Relations. Contributes a record of transferable, repeatable success in distributor setup and relationship sales, with a solid background and strength in negotiation, analysis and operational management.
Approachable, dedicated and opportunity- oriented.
Sales Manager Jastram Engineering & Technology – present
Jastram manufactures marine steering systems and is a distributor of technical marine and industrial equipment and products. Responsibilities include developing customer relations with the primary focus on establishing OEM, government, engineer and architect; shipyard, and shipowner alliances, increase sales turnover and market awareness of established and new product lines; and provide sales management and direction.
Business Development Manager LEMAG Inc., Blaine, WA 2000-2004
Marine sales agency with major focus on distributor network building and establishing customer alliances in the United States and Canada for European companies. Represented engineered products for engine analysis / diagnostics and software products, measuring instruments and services. Key market areas include marine, power generation / energy, transportation, railway, industrial, and pipeline transmission industries.
• Implemented business / marketing plans, strategies and secured trademark protection in the US and Canada for client companies
• Successfully promoted brand awareness within the North American market for client’s products through network develop, trade shows, advertising programs and target marketing
• Establishing aftermarket sales and service centers for represented companies
• Increased sales turnover and profitability for European clients
• Built strong customer relations and business alliances for these represented clients in North America
Sales & Marketing Manager Airchime Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Langley, BC ...........1995-2000
Responsible for all sales & marketing for North America, Europe and the Far East. Established an agent and distribution network through out these regions in the marine, railroad, and industrial markets for engineered products. Areas of concentration are marine and industrial distributors, government and military agencies, shipyards, naval architects and consulting engineers, major shipowners and operators, forestry companies, power-generation companies.
• Developed and instituted business and marketing plans in conjunction with an effective advertising program through major marine periodicals, participation in trade shows, and agent / customer seminars
• Substantially increased export sales by over 50% to the United States, Europe, and the Far East within a three year period
• Increased brand awareness within budgetary perimeters
• Established alliance with one of the largest marine distributors in the US
• Instrumental in securing product specification for major newbuild commercial and military contracts in the United States and Europe
KEY AREAS OF STRENGTH
• Product Launching & Business Development - Skilled in introducing new products and building customer alliances, generating significant market awareness with a thoroughly prepared, innovative and needs- driven approach
• Distribution and Agent Network Establishment - Experienced in developing business relationships and distribution networks, enhancing motivation with realistic mutually beneficial targets, and on going technical and marketing support
• Business Acumen - Contributes balanced expertise in areas ranging from business planning to financial management; works in a financially responsible and accountable manner, and ensures that staff understand the importance of margins and value-added expenses / revenues
• Innovation & Initiative - Effective in approaching challenges from a positive, solution-oriented perspective, utilizing creativity and persistence to achieve long-term goals
• Effectively positioned an engineered product into the US and international marketplace achieving market penetration of 25% with in three years
• Successfully established a new product into the Canadian consumer marketplace as Number One
• Launched a new product into the Western Canadian market to achieve first year sales of $2.5 million, with sales exceeding $18 million within seven years
• Established a dealer / agent network throughout Canada, United States, Europe, and the Far East
• Engineered a private label program for European clients product with major North American distributor
Bachelor of Arts (International Relations & History), Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1973.
Associate of Arts (Social Sciences), Manatee Junior College, Bradenton, Florida, 1971.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT is extensive and ongoing. Key studies include:
• Guidelines for the New Manager (U.B.C. Executive Programs)
• Professional Selling Skills ( Procter & Gamble)
• Priority Management Systems
• Computer courses and upgrades through Continuing Education Program
AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Associate Member, National Association of Corrosion Engineers
Member, SNAME, Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Member, the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
Member, ISA; Instrument, Systems, and Automation Society
Enjoy activities such as Tennis, Biking, Boating, Downhill Skiing, Golf, and Reading.
REFERENCES - Excellent personal and professional references are available upon request.
US Citizen with landed immigrant status in Canada.
My strong business development and prospecting skills have been successful in establishing and managing distribution channels, agent networks, and building strong customer alliances in Canada, the US, and abroad. I am a creative self-starter with a results oriented style and able to work independently. My skills in identifying sales opportunities and providing solutions for the customer have resulted in increasing sales turnover and market awareness of the products I represented.
My broad based business career in many key market areas coupled with this experience in building distribution networks and alliances in North America and Europe has provided me with the ability to work with all types of individuals and personalities, a strong sense of customer service, and ultimately the success in generating new business opportunities.