Provide services to Ports and Vessel Operators to vet and management any new or upgraded security system upgrade, access control, CCTV, alarms, monitoring centers, PSGP programs with FEMA etc...
Experienced technical program/project manager managing multi-national enterprise portfolios and projects for global delivery of software and hardware with cross-platform technology for ecommerce, security systems, construction, capital and financial management, public safety E911-CAD (police, fire EMS), and large system migration to state-of-art .NET technologies including COTS solutions. Former CTO and VP of Development/Program Management for public and private companies as well as Director of Technology and Chief Architect for Prodigy Internet, all of which is leveraged into technical project management.
Expertise includes team building, leading fast-track projects with contractors and internal IT teams in complex PMI PMBOK (5th Edition) and Agile project management methods; without loosing sight of the business objectives and product requirements -on time, within budget, scope and quality. Also experienced with Federal and State Grant opportunities, able to write and manage RFP's, facilitate contract negotiation, and management of international project and technical teams. Strong focus on cross-functional relationship building, processes, and control of budgets exceeding $35M annually. Have recognized exceptional levels of integrity, ethics, and communication skills across all levels of management, boards, and public entities.
April 2011- to July 2014 – Technical Project Manager – Consultant for WSDOT Washington State Ferries – 2 critical projects:
Technical Project Manager – Security System Upgrade Project ($5M) – for procurement and project management for a new security system at over 40 sites for Washington State Ferries (WSF), 3rd largest ferry operation in the world. Central site included two WSDOT IT secure data centers, disaster recovery and a DHS Monitoring Center staffed by Washington State Patrol (WSP).
• Developed and managed a Request for Proposal (RFP), Technical Specifications, Vendor selection, contract negotiations for a proven COTS solution – fixed price with 100% bond, was required by vendor(s) with one year warranty
• Created and maintained project management documents including Charter, Project Management Plan, Schedules, budgets, reporting, risk assessments, and payment processing (fixed price with 56 individual milestone payments)
• Formed and facilitated Project and Executive Steering Committees across the functional and stakeholder organizations
• Led state-of-art multi-tier security system with an integrated CNL PSIM, integrated Milestone XProtect IP video system with analytics, AMAG access control and credential management with interfaces to WSF company HR mainframe system, dynamic health and monitoring of system, a single fault tolerant clustered environment, with disaster recovery failover capabilities
• Project was funded under a DHS PSGP Grant program with reporting to FEMA, with State approvals by WA DES