Driven, results-oriented professional Marine Superintendent and Environmental Engineer with over 15 years of maritime engineering experience exploring employment opportunities with a global firm.
CRUISE LINE COMPANY – USA – Marine Superintendent/Environmental Engineer 2000-Present
• Apply problem-solving and technical expertise toward managing daily condition and maintenance of cruise vessels for one of the largest cruise lines in the world.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of all vessels and equipment including engines, deck, hotel equipment, and vital environmental systems.
• Engineering responsibilities include planning, system design, problem analysis, technical reporting, and coordination and maintenance of the cruse vessel operating application.
• Accountable for ensuring that all equipment and maintenance activities adhere to standards and procedures, as well as providing uninterrupted operation.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing inventory and overseeing repairs and repair crews.
NOMIKOS BULK CARRIERS – Greece – Superintendent Engineer & Naval Architect 1999-2000
• Managed the operation of 8 handy size (40,000 dwt) bulk carriers.
• Responsible for all machinery and equipment operations, preserving all in seaworthy condition for continuous operation and statutory compliance.
LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING – United Kingdom – Training Surveyor 1998-1999
• Contributed exceptional training leadership toward providing risk assessment, risk mitigation solutions and management systems certification to shipping lines around the world.
• Consistently applied Lloyd’s sponsorship plan to working directly with clients to achieve company objectives.
• Cultivated initial working relationships with Lloyd’s staff while completing University project concerning the structural design of the Atrium for a Cruise Liner.
MAJESTY/REGENCY CRUSE LINES/HELLENIC NAVY – USA/Greece – Marine Engineer 1990-1997
• Applied engineering expertise toward working as third, second and staff engineer on board several cruise ships, with primary responsibility for maintaining mechanical systems that powered the ships.
• Completed requisite military service as a marine engineer on destroyers and mind hunters.
University of Cranfield, United Kingdom, School of Industrial and Manufacturing Science
Master of Science in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), 2000-2002
Thesis: Flexible Optimization using genetic algorithms
University of Southampton, United Kingdom, School Of Engineering Sciences, Ship Science
Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture (Honours)
Dissertation: Structural Design of Atrium for a Cruise Liner
Academy of Merchant Marine Engineers, 1st Class (Chief Engineer)
Certificate of Competency, MCA UK
Dissertation: Steam Plant for LPG carriers
Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council, UK)
Marine Engineer, 1st Class Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer MCA, UK)
Unitor Hellas S.A. - Training Certificate in Maritime Repair and Maintenance
Training Certificate in Lifesaving and Firefighting Appliances
Certificate of Proficiency in Craft Survival.
Ro-Ro Passenger / Tanker Safety Certificates
OS: MS Windows (all), UNIX
Apps: MS Office Suite, MS Project
Systems: LOCAM, AMOS
Design: AutoCAD, ACIS, Unigraphics, I-DEAS
Programming: Fortran, C++Member, Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA)
Member; IMarEST (Chartered Engineer)
Member; Engineering Council
Driving Licences: British & American (No endorsements)
Languages: English (fluent), Greek (fluent), Spanish (moderate)
Interests and Hobbies: Diving, swimming, cycling, dancing, ships