Am a BBA grdauate having more than 15 years of experience in CHA, disbursement account processing. Aspiring to make successful career in commercial Shipping.
DIABOS India Private Limited : Overall Responsible for Port Cal Management & operations • Coordinating in Resolving Issues with agents, vendors & operators
• Ensuring Turn Around of PDA’s
• Supervising Quality of FDA processing with 98% error Free cost
• Monitor the application & enhance the features as required by our Principals
• Assign day to day to assignments to my subordinates for smooth flow of work
• Generate daily reports & report to the CEO
• Call Principals, Agents & guide them, solve their problems to use the application
• Guide my subordinates in processing of DA’s
• Suggestions given to my IT department for enhancing the system
• Appraisal to be done for my subordinates
• Training to be provided to the new employees & analyzing the outcome & if required again
• Manage the subordinates & make fortnight rosters for their work turn shifts
• Interviews conducted & shortlist candidates for recruitment
• Reporting to the President & Directors of the Company about the business progress from time to time
• Coordinating with the marketing team who are located in UK & overseas office & action taken
According to their requirement and also Principals’ advice
• Undergone Leadership training & learnt the tactics of handling the team
• Documents prepared for ISO audit 9001 : 2008 & successfully achieved Certificate for the
Company from DNV
Worked with PORTLOG (DA-Desk) as Supervisor –
Online (Team Leader), Operations Department at Sharjah, UAE from June 2002 to till October 2006
Joined Portlog as Jr.Executive - Operations, promoted as Sr. Executive & then as
Supervisor Online, Operations Department within a span of 2 years.
The Company : PORTLOG is a Danish based Company located in Sharjah, UAE engaged
in handling Disbursement Accounts of various Ship Operators.
DA-Desk is committed to maintaining and strengthening its position as the world’s leader
in the Provision of operational and administrative services in respect of port call-related
Cost control activities.
Through the enhancement of customer processes with the DA-Desk service, our objective is to continually increase our customer base while gaining a reputation for excellence in service provision, process assessment, timely implementation and the provision of a highly functional yet intuitive and user-friendly computer interface.
• Supervision of the Port calls created & assigning the jobs to the subordinates
• Agents, Port, Vessel details to be added to our Database as per Operator’s request
• Providing of Username & Password to the New Agents, sending customary mail, contact
the Agent & guiding them to use the DA-Desk Application
• Follow ups for the Port calls created. Contacting the Agents & request for the Proforma
D/A, Revised D/A & Final D/A.
• Checking of the DA with the Port Tariff.
• Issues raised in case of queries or clarifications to / from the Agents
• Guiding the Operator’s for resolving problems in order to facilitate smooth flow of work.
3) Worked as Junior Executive with M/s. Contfreight Shipping Agency (India) Pvt.
Ltd., Bangalore under the Flagship of M/s. J.M. Baxi & Co., who were the General Agents
for HANJIN SHIPPING COMPANY, SEOUL, KOREA from 1999 – 2002
• Handled Inland Container Depot Operations – Allotment and Booking of Containers, processing the documents like IGM, EGM with the Customs Authorities
• Co-coordinating with the Port office for Feeder Vessel & Mainline Vessel planning
• Vessel connection confirmation duly intimated to the customers by email / fax
• Interacting with the Destination offices, replying to their queries / clarifications
• Keeping a track and maintaining record of Equipment Interchange Receipt from / to
• Sales & Marketing – Improving / promoting the business of the Company
• Processing of the Brokerage payments
• Preparation of Debit notes to the Customers
• Check the Bills of Lading to release the same to the Shippers
• Daily, Weekly, Monthly Reports prepared as required by the H.O for repositioning and
booking of Empty / Load Containers
• Funds projection report sent to H.O for timely approval in order to receive the same to
Defray booking expenses of Export Containers
• Maintenance of Export / Import Register.
• Also, handled Freight Forwarding activities of our group Company M/s. PEN SHIPPING
AGENCIES PVT.LTD. BANGALORE
4) Worked as Operation Executive with M/s. Bhuvaneswari Agencies Private Limited,
Bangalore, India who were the Leading /Renowned Clearing & Forwarding Agents from
1998 – 1999
Joined as Documentation Assistant & then Promoted as Operations Executive
• Preparation of Export documents such as Shipping Bills, Invoice, Packing List, and Certificate
Of Origin & other certificates as required by the Government Authorities
• Co-coordinating with the Operation staff regarding the Clearance of Cargo & the same is
Informed to Shipper / Importer
• Enquiring & Negotiating rates with the Shipping Lines for Export & Import Shipments as
required by our Customer.
• Booking of Containers, arrangement of Transportation for Export & Import shipments
• Follow up for Payment with Customers
• Resolving the Customers Problems
• Co-coordinating with our Branch office for Bookings
• Documents prepared & Custom cleared for Export of Coffee cargo
• Sales & Marketing
5) Worked as Audit Assistant in M/s. Rajan & Vasan,Bangalore from 1996 – 1998
• Internal Audit of Accounts
• Deputed in Wrigley’s India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore for a period of 8 months
• Preparation of Cash / Bank Vouchers
• Updating of Cash & Bank Books
• Checking of Vendor Bills for Advertising department
• Reporting to the Finance Manager
• Deputed in Motorola India Ltd., Bangalore for a period of 10 months
• Checking & processing of Vendor Bills
• Processing of the Travel Expenditure Statement of Employees, Disbursement of Payments
to the Vendors
• Maintenance of Petty cash
• Forwarding the Processed documents to the H.O for onward payment
• Weekly report sent to the Finance Manager
1992 – 1995 – Bachelor of Business Administration from Jawahar Science College, Neyveli, Tamil Nadu,India Affiliated to University of Chennai.
1990 – 1992 – Higher Secondary Certificate from Neyveli, Tamilnadu, India.
1989 – 1990 – Secondary School Leaving Certificate from Neyveli, Tamil Nadu, India.