Remarkably astute, seasoned, and innovative professional equipped with broad-based years of experience in project management, ship repair, and marine engineering. Exhibit superior talents in delivering simultaneous, large-scale, mission-critical projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost. Possess stellar reputation in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships among cross-cultural team members associated with the project. Out-of-the box thinker and hands-on manager with keen expertise in leading, motivating, and coordinating technical teams to provide innovative technical solutions and ensure total customer satisfaction. Proven capability in to multitask in fast-paced environment with dedication to operational excellence.
BUSINESS MANAGER OFFSHORE MARINE ? DORMAC, NATIONAL 2010–PRESENT
Instrumental in evaluating projects through financial modeling and monitoring market trends including competitor activities. Submit the project bids and secure offshore projects in the marine sector for Dormac. Build and cultivate long-term quality relationships with customers by addressing their diverse needs and meeting their expectations.
• Drove all efforts to successfully implement a development strategy to entrench the principles of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in Dormac's day to day operations, and ultimately achieve DNV accreditation
• Conceptualized and implemented a commercial strategy and marketing plan to improve and extend offshore business
• Expanded market opportunities for offshore oil and gas projects and services worldwide with particular focus on West Africa business
SHIP REPAIR PROJECT MANAGER ? DORMAC, DURBAN 2003–2010
Applied dynamic leadership talents in the entire project life cycle to ensure completion on time and within the agreed budgets while providing total satisfaction to the customer. Interfaced the Purchasing Department to ensure best value for material and subcontract services for both the project and the company, as well as with the Production Department to forecast the project labour requirements. Adhered strict compliance with the company Project Management procedure. Served as a liaison with customers, statutory authorities, and surveyors, agents. Completed projects up to final invoicing negotiation and completion of project.
• Commended for innovating constant change and improvement within the department to provide the best possible service to other departments of the company and also to our customers and suppliers.
• Expedited all aspects of the project including production, purchasing, commercial and subcontractors on the project
• Provided expert oversight to large repairs on Dormac's behalf
• Assisted in the entry into the offshore market starting with the lay-up of Technip's “Deep Constructor" and then later Chevron's "FPSO Escravos"
• Presided over Soltstad’s “Normand Explorer" , first five year docking
SHIP REPAIR PROJECT MANAGER? DORMAC, RICHARDS BAY 2001–2003
Displayed unsurpassed expertise in managing all ship repair projects including contractors support. Administered budgets for projects to maximize investment, optimize efficiency, and ensure profitable results. Spearheaded and mentored internal staff members to develop their competencies and achieve the maximum level of performance. Oversaw corporate petty cash and held responsible for signing authority on company cheques.
• Pivotal in maintaining contact with local ships agents, contacting vessel owners in the harbor to generate new business opportunities
• Solidified profitable relationships with customers by providing their utmost satisfaction
• Maintained adherence to safety standards (NOSA 5 Star)
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER ? DORMAC, DURBAN 2000–2001
Expertly managed major project’s with respect to engineering, scope of work, budget, schedule, quality, safety, contract administration and personnel issues through all the project phase and in accordance with company policies, standards and project objectives.
• Carried out ship management of the osv "Ocean Stroom" joint venture with Propshine Diving, overall technical maintenance of vessel and dry-docking, sourcing of contracts
MARKETING / PRESS OFFICER ? DORMAC, DURBAN 1999–2000
Aggressively sought prospective leads on vessels and local agents. Recognized for writing press releases and managing international advertising placement.
• Innovated innovative marketing strategies and promotional plans to increase brand awareness and create favorable public image on Dormac's ability to complete in water repairs with a Cofferdam
Advanced Business Management Diploma Damelin Business Management School, Durban: 2002
Certificate, NDT, Qualified NDT Technician–MPI, UT, DP, SANDE, Johannesburg: 1999
Certificate, LT Electrical, Qualified Electrician–Trade Tested, Apprenticeship, Durban: 1998
Certificate, Maritime Studies, Technikon Natal, Durban: 1992
Certificate, Business Management Certificate, Technikon Natal, Durban: 1992
? Project Management and Operations ? Strategic and Tactical Planning
? Sales, Marketing, and Promotions ? Continuous Profitability Improvement
? Leadership, Training, and Team Building ? Budget Implementation and Cost Control
? Time Management and Prioritization ? Outstanding Clients / Vendors / Subcontractors Relations
? Organized with Strong Analytical Abilities ? Problem Resolution and Decision Making