Ability to build strong rapport with personnel, customers, and associates based on knowledge, professionalism, and integrity. Incessantly looking to add value in the organization to raise service standards and compete in global market to achieve harmony in business results.
DA-DESK, United Arab Emirates
Promoted as Assistant Operations Manager in 2011 after proven abilities in increasingly responsible
Positions held within the company :
Assistant Operations Manager 2011
Team Leader 2007-2011
Senior Executive 2005-2007
• Oversaw operational and administrative services provided to 34 clients who are amongst the top Tanker Vessel operators/Owners in the world.
• As an extension of the Ship owners’ office, ensured that proformas are meticulously examined, funds are timely transferred to port agents, checking of accounts in accordance with the port tariff, contracts, verifying rate of exchange and Principals are correctly charged.
• Ensured Charterers claims such as Worldscale items, vessel shifting expenses, Max Port Cost, Interim port cost, cargo related cost etc. are forwarded to Principal’s demurrage/claims dept. on timely manner for further rebilling to Charterer within time bar period.
• Focused on changing customer requirements and monitor client process value reports, timelines and service level indicator.
• Directed tanker pool team of 6 team leaders and managed daily operations of 32 staff.
• Analyzed the workload and resource allocation, and allocate/shuffle resources, as may be necessary, in order to achieve optimum utilization of resources and maximum productivity in Operations Department.
• Established training needs and scheduled regular training for staff to increase work knowledge, enabling better service to customers and vendors.
• Workshops covered topics such as effective business communication skills from British Council and lectures on Shipping Practice from Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers.
• Managed workflow efficiencies, customer service excellence, and quality assurance.
• Significant port call cost savings done for Tanker Pool customers in the first quarter of 2011.
• Developed tool for capacity planning and customer skill set mapping to increase productivity.
• Executed effective ‘Charterers Time bar Management’ to facilitate customers for sending claims to Charterers in timely and accurate manner.
P and O NEDLLOYD, India
Positions held within the company:
Team Leader 2004 – 2005
Executive 2001 – 2004
• Functioned as focal point for company’s Global system implementation program.
• Monitored activities of vessel schedules, shipped on board containers and managed processing of bill of lading. Oversaw export documentation from the ports and coordination with the agents.
• Analyzed agency operations and successfully managed integration issues of EDI bill of lading.
• Honored by ‘Best Employee Award’.
• Successfully tested and implemented Global system for Middle East and Africa region.
BILT GRAPHIC PAPERS LIMITED, India [Formerly, SINAR MAS (INDIA) LTD]
Export Officer 1999 - 2001
• Oversaw export management function relating to planning of production material, arrange export inspection, negotiation of freight with customs house agents, arrangement of logistics, export documentation and dispatch of cargo.
• Achieved customer satisfaction rating of 100% in year 2000 - not a single complaint received from overseas customer on damage, shortage of cargo or defect in export documentation.
• Cost Saving: Average loading per container went up to 17.47 MT in year 2000 as against 15.55 MT in the year 1999 resulting savings in both inland and sea freight.
• Record Export: Export tonnage went up from 26,097 MT in year 1999 to 35,942 MT in year 2000 a growth of 27.4% on a year on year basis.
• Highest clearance of Export cargo in a particular day i.e. 738.757 MT.
• Export accounted 33.15% of total dispatch in year 2000 a milestone in the company’s endeavor to fulfill its EPCG obligation.
• Highest Export of 4800 MT in the Month of March 2000.
Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade University Of Pune, India 1999
Bachelor of Science University Of Pune, India 1998
• Dynamic Leadership
• Customer Relationship
• Time Management
• Operational Management
• Vendor Management
• Decision Making
• Resource Planning
• Cost Savings
• Productivity Improvement
• Mentoring and Motivation
• Work Ethic