Shipboard Photographer where two years of steady and successful photography experience, compounded with strong people skills, will answer needs and multiply gain.
Photographer: Freelance, CDO, Phils. (2008-present).
• Hired as Senior Photographer for the Xavier University website and 2 weeks earlier the deadline, produced and compiled photos of the campus worthy of the University’s diamond celebration.
• Submitted a wedding photo coverage unedited— with the work evaluated as “exceeding expectations”.
• Explored different photography equipment and post-processing techniques.
Photographer/Writer: Project 8: Photography and Graphic Designs, CDO, Phils. (2007-2009).
• Photographed for the Unseen Shadows album and concert. Assisted in other shoots and coverages.
• Kept the group’s online network updated by providing documentation of the group’s activities.
• Composed a tagline for Philcom Callcards and was successful in crunching the new service in 4 words.
Photographer/Feature Writer: The Crusader Publication, Xavier University, CDO, Phils. (2007-2009).
• Regularly wrote in-depth features. Developed a style often praised for its ability to translate to readers.
• Covered diverse University activities— from general assemblies to charity concerts to sports meets.
• Selected to cover the country’s 13th University Games in Dumaguete City.
• Co-headed the yearend party for A.Y. 2007-2008 and the hiring week for A.Y. 2008-2009.
• Volunteered for Press Watch during the 2008 and 2009 campus elections.
Photographer/Writer Intern: International Rice Research Institute, Los Banos, Phils. (Summer 2007).
• Wrote news features on a variety of Institute activities.
• Photographed numerous Institute events including the country’s president’s visit.
• Prepared an audio-visual presentation for On-the-Job Trainee’s Night.
Assistant Production Manager/Stage Design Head: “Kung Giunsa ko Pagpatay si Diana Ross”, a theatre production, Xavier University, CDO, Phils. (2007).
• Helped supervise the troupe of 54. Learned to delegate tasks and manage conflict.
• Prepared rehearsal schedules, organization sheets, and 6 stage designs. Negotiated the royalties.
• Organized the photo shoot necessary for the play’s audio-visual presentation: scouted locations, secured permits, worked on the set flow, and contacted all the people needed for the shoot.
Store Assistant: Bubbly Clean Trading, CDO, Phils. (Summer 2006).
• Increased efficiency in the workplace by organizing store products, handling damaged goods, conducting weekly sales inventory, scheduling pitch meetings, and catering to walk-in customers.
• B.S. Development Communication (Major in Journalism), Xavier University, CDO, Phils. (2009).
• Basic Safety Course, MATS Training Center, Davao City, Phils. (2009). Training included: Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Elementary First Aid, Personal Safety and Social Responsibility.
• Barista Course, Asiantouch International Institute, Inc., CDO, Phils. (2009). Core competencies include: Operating different coffee machines, preparing and serving coffee, performing basic maintainance of machines, basic cashiering, and table setting and table service.
• Basic Lighting Workshop, Ansaldo Photography, CDO, Phils. (2009).
• Basic Photography Workshop, Ansaldo Photography, CDO, Phils. (2008).
Conceptualizing, Writing, Community Organizing, Event Organizing, Workplace Organizing, Stage Designing, and Laying-out.
• Participated in Lansad, the 1st National Floating Photography Exhibit in the Philippines.
• Works are featured in Veritas, Xavier University’s Literary and Art Folio (2007 and 2009).
• Computer Skills: PhotoShop, Lightroom, PageMaker, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Research.
• Passport Information: no. XX4129071, valid from July 10, 2009 to July 9, 2014, issued in CDO, Phils.
• Interests include books, road trips, typography, and flash fiction.