Ship Repair Manager
- Project Engineering / Project Management
- Team leader role during five years in Ship Repair Management.
- Good negotiation and commercial skills.
- Experience in drydocks and vessel inspections.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Improvement and achievement orientated.
- Attention to detail and documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of ship repair processes.
- Ability analyze and interpret: blue prints, drawings, scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate staff responsibilities/goals and competently lead a team to success.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb aboard ships and various heights, working from scaffolding and man lifts.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat in outside climates or confined spaces.
Marine Engineers Corporation - MEC Shipyards (Panamá) Ship Manager. September 2015 to date.
- 46 dry-dock repair projects attended from September 2015 to date. Total revenue 21MD.
- Principal ship repair manager for relevant projects for biggest drydock.
- Back to back project with several international clients (Greece, Ecuador owners)
- Projects with average of 15,000-man hours.
- Team leader in all repairs forming project team and empowering stakeholders.
- Review the initial bid and initial works scope with the owner’s superintendent, focused to identify additional works.
- Validate the ship repair schedule prepared by the project manager in Microsoft Project, to identify critical path and other works affecting the delivery time.
- Control the budget and program deviations according to the approved work extensions.
- Review blueprints, specifications of equipment, technical information provided by the customer.
- Estimate and negotiate additional works according with established rates, present to CEO new spread sheets for new cost basis.
- Request outsourced jobs (outsourcing) coordinate and maintain profitability for this type of services.
- Ensure effective communication with departments during the execution of repairs.
- Negotiate and approve the final billing with owner’s superintendent.
- Elaborate Dry-dock report of each repair
Ship Repair Manager at MEC Shipyards
Sep 2015Ship repair projects in drydocks and afloat.