Ship Repair Engineer
- Project Engineering / Project Management
To obtain a job within my chosen field that will challenge me and allow me to use my education, skills and past experiences in a way that is mutually beneficial to both myself and my employer and allow for future growth and advancement.
B.E/ Naval Architecture/ Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore/ 2008-2011/ 8.53 (CGPA)
Diploma/ Mechatronics Engineering / PSG TECH/ 2004-2007/ 84.28 %
SSLC / Government High School, Nanjiampalayam/ 2004 / 91.2 %
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Total (7+ years)
Dammam Shipyard (Saudi Union for Operation & Maintenance)
Ship Repair Engineer/July-18 to Present
- Planning & Scheduling of ship repair projects according to ship repair plan & scope
- Receiving the scope from Commercial sections , review and allocation of sections for jobs
- Coordinating with clients for identifying jobs and taking additional jobs after vessel arrival.
- Coordinate with different sections to execute the jobs (Estimation, Procurement, Hull, Machinery, Electrical, Piping, and Painting & QA/QC) as per the client requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling of projects to complete in time and reporting to management about the progress of projects.
- Preparing work completion report and getting acceptance of clients.
- Preparing analysis report after every project.
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Co Limited (Vell Flow Limited)
Ship building & Repair Engineer / Dec’16 to July’18 -New building & Repair Supervision
- Planning & Scheduling of new barge , boat building & Repair (River going Barges)
- Reviewing design of barges. Making design for small steel boats & pontoons.
- Maintenance & surveying operational barges for docking. Analysis of damages in Hull & Structures.
- Preparing work specification, Material requirement & budget requirement to management.
- Coordinating with Procurement and contracts Material procurement and contractor finalization
- Supervision and management of barge building & dry docking Repair for Hull, Piping, Outfitting, Machinery installation & Painting (Quality and Production and reporting to management.
- Maintaining HSE of yard.
- Coordinating for Machinery commissioning & Electrical.
- Handover the vessel for Operation with certificates & documents.
- Coordination with Barge operation department for other operation projects and completing the projects (Piling works & Fender works in river bridges)
Oman Dry-Dock Company / Jr. Enginer Hull(PM Engineer-Steel, Outfitting & Accommodation ) / March’14 to Nov’16
- Receiving scope of work from commercial department for Segregate works related Structure, Hull outfitting , Accommodation , LSA & FFA Items service jobs
- Preparing sections job orders & work schedule. Preparing structural & outfitting drawings for the repair works.
- Purchasing materials as per the requirement for repair.
- Attending meetings with customer representative, discussing additional work orders & work progress
- Arranging existing procedures for welding jobs for structural works as per the standards , Step by step inspection welding jobs ( Fit-up, welding, Testing (NDT, Air & Hydro test ) ,
- Following repair activities, Controlling Manpower & coordinating between different sections
- Reporting work progress to ship repair manager & Sr. Manager of Hull Dept.
- Preparing final completion report to be reviewed by SRM getting customer approval handing over the final report to commercial department
- Solving of problems technically for achieving repair schedule, Making analysis report, welder evaluation at NDT Locations, after completing every project.
- Worked with ABS, DNV_GL, IRS, LR & CCS class surveyors for Survey and Inspection.
ZINAT AL BIHAAR (Wooden Royal Yacht) Retrofit
- Review of Designs for Production.
- Purchasing of material & arranging Subcon. For Hull, Accommodation, Carpentry items, Lifesaving and Firefighting systems.
- Production control for Hull, Accommodation, Carpentry items, Lifesaving and Firefighting systems.
Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company / Production Engineer-Hull/ Dec’11 to Feb’14
- Planning and scheduling -Master schedule, Block sub-assembly & assembly schedule, Pre-erection and Erection Schedule, outfitting schedule, combined schedule, Engineering network flow creation for Hull production.
- Controlling of Ship-Erection planning, block alignment, docking arrangement for Erection.
- Drawing controls for production & preparing repair plans, drawing reviews with design after design completion.
- Accuracy control of block fabrication and erection.
- Controlling of instruments used for measurements.(Total station , Auto level)
- NDT inspection, hull marking & quality related items.
- Coordinating of all departments for efficient production.
- Manpower planning and controlling, achieving schedules, survey related activities. Safety inspection of site area
- Coordinate with design for Production related drawing and problems. Supporting Inclining Experiment.
- Floating joining of two half ships planning, preparation & execution of Panamax bulk carrier (5500 T (94 m) & 8000 T (131 m) Blocks
TVS Motors, Hosur / DET-Maintenance / 26-Jun’ 07- 31-Aug’08
- Planning and Scheduling of preventive maintenance, conditional based monitoring, breakdown maintenance, spares & consumables planning, new machine installation, Budget planning and control.
- 100 % implementation of SAP based Preventive maintenance.
- Power saving project.
Aqua Pump Industries - May-2005(3 Weeks) & November-2005 (3 Weeks)-CNC Machines Operations
Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company Limited- Ship design & Ship building Aug’11 to Nov’11 (3 Months)
CERTIFICATION, SOFTWARE & KNOWLEDGE
- Successfully completed NDT Level II and experienced on Magnetic particle Testing, Dye Penetrate Testing, Radiographic Testing and Ultrasonic Testing. I am having very well knowledge about SMAW, SAW, TIG, and FCAW welding Process.
- Experienced and practiced on MS Office, AUTOCAD (2D/3D), SOLID WORKS, Maxsurf, AUTOSHIP(Lines, Modelmaker, Auto Hydro, Autoplate), Rule finder, MS Project, SAP
- Total station machine operations.
- Good Knowledge about classification society rules (IRS, DNVGL, ABS, LR & SOLAS), ASTM, API and AWS rules.
AREA OF INTEREST
Ship hull Basic & Detailed Design, Shipbuilding , repair , operation , survey & Project management.
Date of Birth : 5 June 1989
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Passport : K8200798
Language Known : Tamil, English, Hindi.
Notice Period : After 2 Months
I hereby declare that the above furnished information is true to the best of my knowledge
- Project Management 4 years by 2018
- Autocad 12 years by 2018
Ship building & Repair Engineer at Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Co Limited (Vell Flow Limited)
2019 December - Jul 2018Shipbuilding & Repair Project Management & Survey
Jr. Engineer Hull at Oman Dry-Dock Company
2014 March - Nov 2016Project Management-Hull , Outfitting, Accommodation & LSA Ship Repair
Production Engineer-Hull at Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company
2011 December - Mar 2014Site Management -Hull- Shipbuilding
Ship Repair Engineer at Dammam Shipyard (Saudi Union for Operation and Maintenance)
Jul 2018Project Management
Naval Architecture at Anna University2008 - 2011
Mechatronics Engineeing at PSG Plytechnic college2004 - 2007