SHIP PLANNING MANAGER
- Vessel Operations
Date of Birth: 22 June 1983 Rangi Reeju Street.,
Nationality: Indian Poorna Market, D.No: 19-41-3
Marital Status: Married Visakhapatnam – 530 013
Gender: Male Andhra Pradesh, India
Being given to understand that there are some vacancies for the above mentioned
Post in your reputed firm. I wish to submit my application for one of the above suitable post. My
Personal Bio-Data is attached to my application for your ready reference.
- Current: Working as a Planning In chargeat Hamad Port (Qatar) from the 20 of Mar, 2018.
- Working as a Dy Manager (Ops and Planning) at Krishnapatnam Port Company LTD, Nellore, A.P.(India) from the 13 of Oct, 2017 to 10 of Mar,2018.
- Working as a Asst Manager (Ops and Planning) at Krishnapatnam Port Company LTD, Nellore, A.P.(India) from the 12 of July, 2016 to 13 of Oct,2017.
- Working as a Shift Superintend at Krishnapatnam Port Company LTD, Nellore, A.P.(India) from the 8 of June, 2015 to 12 of July,2016.
- Working as a Senior Vessel Planner at Krishnapatnam Port Company LTD, Nellore, A.P.(India) from the 6 of Feb, 2014 to 8 of June,2015.
- Oct 2007 to Jan 2014: Working as a Executive (Vessel Planner) - Planning at Visakha Container Terminal Pvt Ltd – Visakhapatnam.
- Oct 2005 to Sep 2007: Working as a Senior Executive- Operations at Gateway East India Pvt Ltd(Container freight station) Visakhapatnam.
- Jun 2004 to Aug 2005: Working as a Executive at Esskay Shipping Pvt Ltd, Visakhapatnam.
Nature of working as Shift Superintend:-
- Ensures proper coordination with the Shipping Lines/Clients regarding vessel schedules and the
submission of documents within cut-off time.
- Based on the preliminary advice regarding the vessels’ arrival and the cargo forecast, prepares
berthing assignments and preliminary work plans.
- Approves berthing applications, issues berthing confirmations; gives clearances to dock,
Posting of pilots, gang settings, and docking/undocking sequences upon receipt of all
Documentation requirements from Shipping Lines in coordination with the Port Harbor Master
and Port Pilots.
- Monitors weather conditions and alarms the all operations sections, and Engineering
Departments of incoming weather disturbances.
- Attends the regular Operations meeting with to discuss operational work plans and
- Coordinates with CFS for the internal movement of LCL containers and other containers
requiring stripping at CFS for proper monitoring and recording.
- Ensures that the discharging and loading programs are properly executed as prepared by the
- Ensures that the physical address of containers in the Yard are exactly the same as those
reflected in the report or in the terminal computer system.
- Ensures that accurate and complete reports/information are forwarded to all parties concerned.
- Ensures that gate movements (Truck In/Truck Out) are without delays and a smooth flow is
- maintained at all times.
- Monitors Vessel and Yard operations and submits periodic reports of accomplishments and
- Assists the Operation Manager in the training of all Operations Personnel in all aspects of
- Ensures that all Client queries (internal/external) are immediately attended to.
- Assists the Operation Manager in the review and enhancement of operational tasks.
- Prepares the Container Terminal Operation’s manning schedule and ensures that the Section
is sufficiently manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week (7x24).
- Issues and recommends disciplinary actions or recommendations to personnel concerned.
- Schedules and approves vacations and other forms of leave of Personnel in the Container
- Ensures that all activities on line with the Terminal Operating System are closely monitored to
meet all requirements.
- Responsible for the security and safety of all sensitive information and data.
- Makes recommendations to Operational Mangers on operational practices and processes,
which will help achieve reductions in cost and improvement inefficiency.
- Ensures that complete and accurate data/reports are promptly submitted to the Billing Section.
- Meets with the incoming duty Superintendent for briefing and handing over of duties. Assesses
the productivity level and problems encountered during the shift. Follows up on balances of
work for the remaining shift. Gives information on problems and instructs how to solve and
implement solutions for corrective measures.
- Inspects regularly the yard stacking areas to ensure cleanliness and orderliness.
- Performs other functions as may be directed by immediate superior.
Nature of working as Vessel Planner: -
- Responsible for the cross functional planning team that works on the planning of vessel discharge/load operations and rail operation – taking into account vessel stability, safety and an efficient yard productivity and turnaround time into consideration.
- Leading the team as In-Charge of planning section: Monitoring and controlling the planning section with proper roistering and responsible for rail and berth planning.
- Ensure consistency of treatment among the clients regarding rail movement and coordinate with KPCL Railways/ rail operators for train placements and departures.
- Ensure that the train load-lists are finalized in time prior to the arrival of rail. Clarify issues with the shipping lines and rail operator with respect to the required documents to mitigate disputes.
- Responsible in the preparation and controlling of overall berthing schedule of Container vessels.Follow up the berthing and sailing movements with Marine Department Krishna Patnam Port Company (KPCL).
- Ensuring that Standards such as quick vessel turnaround time, short cycle time, minimum trailer turnaround time and other parameters set by management are maintained to the highest degree without compromise or short cuts.
- Planning, Designing, Development, and Capacity calculation and orientation of various Container Storage Yards in the terminal. Work involved finding out the capacity of yard and deciding the stacking based on yard utilization principle.
- Responsible in training the staff in software SPARCS (N4) (synchronous Planning and Real Time control System) and shipping procedures and execution through Work Instructions.
- Dispatching the Vessel Handling summary i.e. billing summary and related Service Request Forms to finance following read-through.
- Analyze Feedback forms from Vessels, Shipping lines and rail operators for betterment of services.
Professional and Scholastic Competition: -
B.COM ANDHRA UNIVERSITY 50% 10 Class M.V.D.M HIGH SCHOOL 51%
- Windows xp, 8.
- Navis N4,Jade,
English, Telugu, Hindi.
I hereby assure you that the above given information is true & correct up to my best knowledge