I want to build a career in shipping industry, especially in broker and charterer sectors.
Ngee Ann Kongsi
Administration Assistant (May 2009-Aug 2009)
• Administration Assistant. Organize projects and coordinate with multiple departments. Careful planning and effective communication skills are required.
Australia National Line Shipping Company (May 2008 - Aug 2008)
• Participated in regular meeting with senior staff and involved in daily operation of shipping Container Company.
• Systematically trained in various departments including Logistics, Operation, Finance, Marketing departments.
• Effectively accomplished tasks assigned, including freight rate analysis, transshipment ports comparison, etc.
• Awarded Internship Certificate of Accomplishment
Nanyang Technological University (Aug 2006 -Dec 2009)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Maritime Studies)
• Accelerated Bachelor Degree Program (Graduate within 3.5 years)
• MOE Full Time Scholar
• Second Upper Class of Honor in Maritime Studies (Expected)
• Expected Minor in Business
• FYP (Final Year Project) Topic: Dry Bulk Freight Rate Modeling and Forecasting
Norwegian School of Management (BI)—Oslo, Norway (Aug 2008 - Dec 2008)
• NTU International Student Exchange Program
• Courses taken: Maritime Law, Marine Insurance, Organizing the Ship owning Entity, Ship Accounting, Basic Financial Management
• IT Skills: SPSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel program in management decision making
• Language: English and Mandarin
• Financial Skills
o Knowledge in balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
o Understand concepts of stocks, bonds, risk management, financial derivatives, etc.
• Soft Skills
o Communication and interpersonal skill
o High energized, creative thinking and perseverance