- Superintendent / Foreman
Aspiring for a successful career in an organization where I can produce my best as a key lead player using my talents to their fullest extent for organizational as well as personal growth.
• Over 13 years of experience in Supply Chain Management entailing Terminal/Yard Operations, Port Operations, Freight Forwarding, Warehouse Operations, Logistics, Distribution, Procurement, Vendor Management, Order Processing & Client Servicing.
• Proficiency in maintaining the stock of material without any variance by conducting stock verification and documentation and monitoring the inventory of the raw materials/ consumables.
• Adept at ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings.
• Demonstrated analytical skills with proven expertise in communication and relationship management.
• Experienced in steering inventory control, warehouse management, distribution, CFA management & quality system.
• Proficient in controlling the logistics processes & services at vendors end & providing valuable suggestions for efficiency enhancement.
• Effective communicator with excellent negotiation, team-building, analytical & interpersonal skills.
Supply chain management; Vessel operations; Terminal management;
Port operations; Logistics; Warehouse management;
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
Freight forwarding; Material management; SAP; ERP; WMS; TMS;TOS;
Supervisory skills; Inventory management; ERP implementations;
CODECO-EDI messaging; Reconciliation; Fleet management; Safety;
Team management; Quality management system; Customer service.
1) Designation : Shift Supervisor in Adani Ports SEZ, Mundra (Gujarat) from Sep’18- till date.
- Coordinating with Central Planning, Port Control and Marine Team regarding vessel scheduling, berthing/sailing and planning.
- Coordinating with Roster In-charge regarding shift roster and arrangement for required manpower.
- Coordinating with Vessel’s Chief Officer regarding planning of Vessel Stowage for successful and timely completion of vessels.
- Coordinating with mechanical and engineering team for equipment maintenance.
- Coordinating with Logistics Team for shuttling of staffs and manpower.
- Handling a team of 6-QCs,20-RTGs,54-ITVs,4-ECHs,4-RSs operators.
- Handling a support team of 25 head counts.
- Coordinating and handling consecutive 2 vessel operations in simultaneous berths.
- Coordinating and overseeing Yard/Terminal operations for internal Y2Y, ICD and by-road movements.
- Taking care of Real-Time operational updates and its timely completion.
2) Designation : Operations Supervisor in GSEZ Ports S.A., Owendo (Gabon) from Aug’17- Jun’18.
3) Designation : Terminal Supervisor in International Associated Cargo Carriers (IACC), Dammam (K.S.A) from Jul’15- May’17.
4) Designation :Logistics Supervisor in Al-Sahel Contracting Company L.L.C, Dubai (U.A.E) from Apr’14-Jul’15.
5) Designation :Reconciliation Clerk in S.A.Talke, Jubail (K.S.A) from Nov’11-Nov’13.
6) Designation :Logistics Executive in Alfa Supply Chain Solutions Private Limited, Bhiwandi (Mumbai) from May’10-Oct’11.
7) Designation : Customer Service Officer in Vodafone Store Haldia, South Coastal Zone from July’09-April’10.
8) Designation :Customer Service Officer in Vodafone Mobile Store, South Bengal Zone from Feb’06-June’09.
- Completed Bachelor of Arts from Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad in 2005.
- Completion of PMP certification preparation workshop
- Certificate of Attendance for WMS Training (inconso-Germany)
- Certification of Basic Knowledge of Fire, Rescue, First Aid & Safety.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Certificate of Appreciation from SABIC: Saudi Kayan
- Certificate of Appreciation from Rus Register.
- Being promoted from EIR Supervisor to Terminal Supervisor in IACC,Dammam,KSA.
- Being promoted from Quality Controller/Entry-Exit Dispatch to Reconciliation Clerk/Inventory Controller in S.A.Talke,Jubail,KSA.
- Well versed with MS-Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Terminal Operating System (TOS)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- SAP-material management module
- Quick book
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Online data entry portals
- Web based services
D.O.B : 10 March’83
Passport No. : J1874796
Languages known : English, Hindi, Bengali, Arabic and French.
Interests : Professional networking, organizational development,
Declaration: I hereby declare that all the above-furnished details are true to the best of my knowledge.
Date: Samrat Sarkar
- Vessel Operations 3 years by 2019
- Terminal Management 5 years by 2019
- Yard Management 8 years by 2019
- Logistics 8 years by 2019
- warehouse management 10 years by 2019
- material management 13 years by 2019
- inventory management 13 years by 2019
- customer service 13 years by 2019
bachelor of arts
english,history,economics at Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad2002 - 2005
- bachelor of arts
- WMS Training Course Nov 2013