To apply my skills and contribute my quote to the seismic industry.
Company: Geomotive Incorporated
Duration: August 2011 - Present
Position: Seismic Navigator (Freelance)
• Utilizing computer applications (ORCA & TRINAV) specialized for seismic online real time navigation to aid acquisition of 2D, 3D and 4D marine seismic survey data for a variety of clients worldwide.
• Assisting in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all positioning equipment and systems to comply with client specifications and company best practices as well as maintaining consistent logs and participating in planning, mobilization, execution, monitoring and demobilization in all positioning aspects of survey operations.
Company: Tokamak Subsurface Operations and Consultancy Co Ltd Bahrain
Duration: December 2009 - Present
Position: Survey QC/QA Consultant (Freelance)
• Providing operational support and Quality Control on 2D and 3D Land seismic data acquisition projects for independent operators and major oil and gas companies to ensure that observations carried out in the field meet the clients required specifications and are digitally stored, checked and processed so that drawings and data are supplied in disk and print formats.
Company: WESTERNGECO INT. RESOURCES INC. (Schlumberger subsidiary)
Duration: April 2006 - March 2009
Position: Positioning Specialist (International Commuter)
• Utilized Differential GPS, TRINAV Real Time Navigation software, Intrinsic Ranging and Modulated Acoustics and acoustic sensors), during the collection of 4-Component Q-Seabed and 3D Marine Seismic data to achieve the necessary quality acceptance criteria.
• Other duties included maintaining daily logs as well as assisting in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all positioning equipment and systems to comply with the manufactures specifications and Company Best Practices.
1. Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO): 4C OBC Marine Seismic survey of Umm Lulu/Umm Al Dalkh fields of the Arabian Gulf, offshore Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates.
2. Maersk Oil Qatar: 4C OBC Marine Seismic survey of QAT/Block 5, offshore Qatar.
3. Shell Alaska: 3D 6 Streamer Marine Seismic, Theta Chukchi Sea, Alaska. USA.
4. Multiclient: 10 Streamers, 4 sources 3D Wide Azimuth survey, Mississippi Canyon, Gulf of Mexico. USA.
5. Woodside Energy Limited: 3D 8 Streamer Marine Seismic, Australian Waters, Indian Ocean. Australia.
Company: GEODETIC POSITIONING SYSTEMS NIGERIA LIMITED (GPSL)
Duration: Sept 2005- March 2006
Position: Navigation/Survey Quality Control Client Representative
• Supervised the Chinese National Petroleum Company Nigeria Limited (CNPC/BGP) contracted to acquire 3D Swamp/ Transition Zone and OBC Marine Seismic data for Emerald Energy Resource Nigeria Limited.
• Acquired Trimble HydroPro, HydroPos and Quinsy Navigation software training.
Company: CHINESE NATIONAL PETROLEUM COMPANY NIGERIA LIMITED (CNPC/BGP)
Duration: May 2005- July 2005
Position: Field Surveyor
• Undertook the setting out of geophone and shot point positions along seismic lines, using Leica TC1100 and TC1103 Total Stations, to aid acquisition of positioning data for 3D Land/Swamp Seismic data, for NIGERIAN AGIP OIL COMPANY (NAOC) in the Niger delta area of Nigeria.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Land Surveying at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, 1989 - 1991.
• BSc. (Hons) 2.1 in Geography at the University of Jos, 1984 - 1988.
-ORCA Operator Course
ION Concepts Systems Training centre, Edinburgh.
-Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (B.O.S.I.E.T), including LAPP Combined Lifejacket & Rebreather. OPITO APPROVED.
-Basic Safety and Emergency Preparedness, including HUET, LAPP Combined Lifejacket & Rebreather and EBS to NOGEPA standard. OLF APPROVED.
-UK and NORWEGIAN Offshore Medical certification.
-ORCA Concept Systems Navigation Software.
-TRINAV Navigation software.
-Trimble Geomatics software.
-Microsoft office software.