- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
Obtain a career with a company that permits me to continue to develop and maintain my skills as a mariner while simultaneously allowing me to operate within the confines of my abilities and draw upon my unique skillset. I look to further my capabilities as a DPO and develop my supervisory skills.
MATE | AMERICAN TUGS INC.| SEPT 2019 – FEB 2020
· Perform harbor assist duties while in homeport and tug and barge activities in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico where assigned.
· Responsible for daily stability calculations, navigational planning, coordination and execution of loading plans, dockside operations, and supervision and training of deck personnel.
ABLE SEAMAN | MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND (MSC)| FEB 2018– SEPT 2019
· Performed watch standing duties, member of the ship’s security strike team, arrival and departure designated helmsman aboard the USNS Laramie (25742 GRT).
· Helmsman during underway replenishments (UNREPS) and double simultaneous UNREPS aboard the USS Laramie. Received award for Exceptional Service.
· Transferred to USNS Artic (51629 GRT) in 2019, continued to perform UNREP helmsman duties, arrival and departure helmsman, and participated in fueling operation evolutions to obtain Tankerman Person in Charge (PIC).
· Operational areas included Norfolk, VA to the Gulf of Arabia, Mediterranean Sea, Gulf of Eden.
ABLE SEAMAN, MATE, DPO, CAPTAIN |ODYSSEA MARINE | NOV 2012– JAN 2018
· Started out Able Seaman as part of the Cadet on-board program. Performed various vessel maintenance assignments, watch standing, and inventory duties. Began DP watch standing for eventual DPO certificate hours.
· Promoted to Mate in March of 2015 aboard Odyssea Courage. Supervised deck personnel and planned safe navigation of both international and inland waters in the Gulf of Mexico.
· Participated in debris removal, dive operation support, subsea installation support, and platform removal with other cooperatives.
· Served as Captain and DPO aboard Odyssea Spirit. Provided drilling support and material transport between offshore and Port Iberia.
HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEY TECHNICIAN | NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION (NOAA)| FEB 2009– NOV 2012
· Utilized hydrographic programs (CARIS & HIPS) to survey benthic areas in Alaska and generate navigational charts aboard NOAA Ship Rainier and Thomas Jefferson.
· Participated in dive operations that included installations of tidal gauges and crab pot removal
· Served as scientific survey technician aboard NOAA Ship Miller Freeman which included maintenance and performance of various scientific gear not limited to: CTD rosettes, various trawl nets, plankton tows, scientific data collection programs and water quality assessment tools.
USCG LICENSING, NOVEMBER 2014 WORKBOAT ACADEMY, HOUSTON MARINE
B.S. ENVIROMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, MAY 2004, INTERAMERICAN UNIV OF PUERTO RICO
· Second Mate Unlimited Oceans
· DPO Nautical Institute #31345
· M Mate of Towing
· GMDSS Radio Operator’s License
· Medical Person in Charge
· Vessel Security Officer
· Tankerman Assistant DL-LG
· AB Unlimited
· MS Office, ECDIS, Coastal Explorer
· Spanish and English Language
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico,