To attain a position aboard a vessel as Second Mate, or a comparable job in an associated field within maritime commerce.
January 2009 – May 2009 Hi Point Adventures Inc. Pohnpei, FSM
• Vice President
Continued building of business and acquisition of property and boats.
April 2008 – January 2009 Hornblower Cruises and Events San Diego, CA
• First Mate aboard M/V Inspiration. Responsible for safe navigation of vessel and crowd control of chartered cruises.
June 2007- March 2008 Sause Brothers Incorporated Honolulu, Hawaii
• First Mate responsible for navigating and piloting of various car/reefer barges between the islands of Hawaii.
October 2006 – March 2007 Bayside Search Dana Point, CA
• Recruiter for IT companies concentrating on developing sales teams for fortune 500 companies.
May 2006 – June 2006 Harbor Tug and Barge San Diego, CA
• Navigated barge Muleje from San Diego to Ensenada. Transported construction grade sand.
April 2006 - May 2006 Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Naples, Florida
• Served as Third mate aboard Manhattan Island. Navigated vessel from dredge area to pump out destination.
October 2005 - April 2006 Hi Point Adventures Inc. Pohnpei, FSM
• Continued building of business and acquisition of property and boats.
April 2005 - September 2005 American President Lines Long Beach, CA
• Served as the vessel’s Third Mate aboard container ship President Polk.
February 2004 - March 2005 Hi Point Adventures Inc. Pohnpei, FSM
• Started Eco-Adventure resort in Micronesia.
October 2003 - Jan 2004 Matson Shipping Company Long Beach, CA
• Served as the vessel’s Third Mate aboard the maiden voyage of the container ship Manukai.
June 2003 - Aug.2003 Scripps Institute of Oceanography San Diego, CA
Senior Boat Operator
• Responsible for the safety of all crew and passengers aboard the vessel. Officer in charge of a navigational watch which included radar observing and traffic monitoring.
January 2003 - May 2003 Keystone Shipping Company San Francisco, CA
Third Mate/Radio Operator
• Officer in charge of a navigational watch. Responsible for the transmission of classified and unclassified information for the Iraq war.
September 1999 - December 2002 Westar Marine Services San Francisco, CA
• Worked as a deck hand on: tug and barge operations, stores to ships, ship escorts; and launch deck hand escorting crew from their ships to shore all within San Francisco Bay.
June 1998 - July 1999 City of San Diego Lifeguard Service San Diego, CA
• Ocean Lifeguard: Responsible for monitoring safety of the public at South Pacific Beach in San Diego, CA.
December 1998 - June 1999 Bennett Marine San Diego, CA
• Cleaned both power and sail boat hulls while using diving gear.
California Maritime Academy, CSU Vallejo, CA
2002 Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation and Minor in Admiralty Law
U.S. Coast Guard Second Mate License, STCW 1995 compliant.
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
Merchant Mariner’s Document, Current First Aid/ CPR, Certified Lifeboat man, Qualified Oxygen Administrator, Medical First Responder Certificate, PADI Certified Open Water Diver, Certified Forklift Operator, Radar/Arpa Unlimited - STCW 95 compliant, Outstanding Lifeguard Performance Evaluation, Outstanding Leadership Volunteer Service Award by Aztec Adventures, Cadet Shipping Award of Excellence awarded by Military Sealift Command, USCG Second Mate’s License Unlimited Tonnage any Ocean, Master of Towing Vessels upon Oceans, TWIC, Military Sealift Command’s Chemical Biological and Radiation training; Damage Control training and Small Arms training.