I want to work in an Organization that creates a platform for talent development, and to contribute my best to the development of a sound customer/clients business relations.
1. Divine Marine Shipping Nigeria Limited, # 10 King Perekule st, GRA Phase 2, Port Harcourt Rivers State Nigeria.
(July 1st 2008 –July 24th 2010: Marine Operations).
Marine Officer- 2nd Mate- product Tanker (Dec 2009- July 2010)
Marine Officer- 3rd Mate –Mt Treasure -product tanker (July 2008- Nov2009).
2. Alda wood Shipping, # 33 Bombay Crescent, Apapa Lagos State Nigeria
(2007- Marine Operations).
Marine Officer -2ND Mate, Mt Sea Pearl -product tanker.
3. Ship & Shore Services Limited, #24 Adeola Odeku str. Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria. (Marine Cadet.)
(18 feb 2003-27 June 2007)
• Watch keeping Safety, Cargo Operations and Management in Ports Terminals & various Offshore locations
• Routine safety inspections cargo handling gears in line with the provisions of ISGOTT-(applicable to Oil tankers and terminals)
• Liquid Cargo Surveys, documentation and record keeping.
• Vessel’s Passage Planning and Implementation of Standard Emergency Procedure.
• Shipboard pollution Control –in line with MARPOL 73/78.
• Implementation of safety permits to work system.
• Ship’s Medical, Communication & Documentation’s Officer.
4 Edison Chouest Offshore Nigeria LLC ,km 16 Port Harcourt/ Aba expressway, Intels Camp, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
(Oct-Dec 2003-Offshore Supply boats operations- (Trainee Mate-mv Gale Chouest)
• Inspections & Record keeping of Ship’s LSA-Lifesaving appliances, FFA- fire fighting appliances, PPE- personal protective equipment and medical first aid.
• Assist the chief mate in the onboard documentation & implementation of the company’s SMS /ISM / ISPS policy.
• Routine Watch keeping duties
• Evaluating the risk/hazards inherent in every operation, accident investigation and implementation of corrective actions.
• Periodic Safety Audit to ensure that procedures are strictly adhered to/areas of weaknesses are developed.
• Knowledge of Industry Regulations as it relates to ISM,ISPS,SOLAS,IDMG CODE,MARPOL etc
5 Geosite Surveys Limited, warri, Delta State, Nigeria. (Member of the oceanic seismic surveys, UK)
(March 1993-Nov.1995- Offshore Support / Logistics Staff
• Responsible for the collation and documentation of Supplies & Logistics to Offshore Project Vessels.(FTIP Project)
• Responsible for periodic Inventory functions and reporting of vessel’s dry stores and consumables to purchasing dept for procurement planning.
• Manage communication between third party logistics provider and field locations with regards to critical or emergency shipment
• Communicate with field locations on regular basis to achieve the expected service level, respond to their requests in a timely and proper manner
• Washington International University, P.O. Box 61707 King of Prussia PA, Washington DC. 19406 USA.
(BBA-Bachelor of Business Administration-“e- Commerce”) (2.1) 2nd Class Upper. (2010)
• Obafemi Awolowo University Ile – Ife, Nigeria.
(Higher Diploma-Freight Logistics) Upper Credit. (2005)
• Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology, Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria.
(National Diploma- Nautical Science) Lower Credit. (2000)
• Regional Maritime University, Accra Ghana( Maritime Safety Training-STCW 95)
(PST-personal survival technique, PSSR- persona safety & social responsibilities, BST- basic fire safety
EFA- Elementary First Aid, OTS-Oil Tanker Safety)
• Nigerian Maritime and Safety Administration-certificate of competency-ncv>3000grt.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION: IT SKILLS:
• The Nautical Institute, London. Microsoft Office Applications
OTHER SKILLS: Analytical & Problem –Solving skills, Ability to work under less/no supervision, Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills in a multicultural setting. Strong Organizational & Reporting skills.
FOREIGN ASSIGNMENT: Took delivery of Company’s purchased 2nd hand tonnage (tanker: (voyage from The Philippines to Nigeria)