ROV Supervisor / Sr Pilot Tech
- Vessel Operations
Summary of Qualifications
- ROV Supervisor with 25 years offshore ROV / Diving experience worldwide with over 7000 piloting hours on Magnum, Minimum, Millennium and Schilling UHD ROVs during completions, rig support, anchor work, construction and deconstruction.
- Proven leadership and teambuilding skills, adept to interacting with diverse individuals of assorted cultures and backgrounds
- Familiar with and extensive array of offshore operations and procedures as well as diverse subsea control components, tooling and handling systems.
- Proficient with a variety of operating systems and software used in operations, safety, maintenance, inventory, and productivity.
- Experienced at facilitating communication, cooperation, and adherence to safe working practices for overall client satisfaction and project success.
- AUG 2014 – SEP 2016: C-Innovation / Edison Chouest International
Sr. Pilot Tech / Supervisor
Working with Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) on the Thialf and Hermod in Africa, the North Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico. Supervising, piloting and maintaining Schilling UHD ROVs during construction and deconstruction of offshore installations. Conducted anchor work onboard vessels in the Gulf of Mexico.
- APR 2001 – AUG 2014: Oceaneering International Inc. ( ROV Division).
Supervisor / Mechanical Tech
Transferred to ROV Division. Worked as hydraulic technician. Promoted to supervisor in 2005. Working with Magnum, Minimum, and Millennium ROVs in the Gulf of Mexico and Brazil.
- OCT 2000 - APR 2001: Oceaneering International Inc. (Diving Division).
1st Class Diver
Completed instruction manual, trained individuals and proposed procedures for the hydrostatic testing and pigging of offshore pipelines. Diving air and mixed gas.
- JUN 1999 - OCT 2000: State of Georgia. Hays State Prison. Northwest Probation Detention Center.
Supervised, transported and provided instruction for all levels of inmates.
- FEB 1997 - JUN 1999: M & H Valve Company.
Anniston, AL. Operated, programmed, and maintained computerized machining equipment. Produced, inspected, and assembled valve and fire hydrant parts according to blueprint specifications.
- FEB 1995 - JAN 1997: American Oilfield Divers. 1902 Diver Dr. New Iberia, LA 70560.
1st Class Diver
Dove air, mixed gas and saturation in the Gulf of Mexico
- DEC 1993 - FEB 1995: McDermott Underwater Services. Morgan City, LA 70381.
1st Class Diver.
Dove air and mixed gas. Participated in all phases of the Auger TLP installation.
- AUG 1988 - DEC 1993: Cal Dive International. Morgan City, LA.
Tender / Diver / Supervisor
Initially hired as a Tender. Promoted to Lead Tender in JAN 1989. Promoted to Diver in August 1990. Operated and maintained life support systems, Mixed gas and air decompression chambers, Hydraulic power units, jet pumps, and Dove and supervised air, mixed gas, and saturation. Initiated and supervised the development of the hydrostatic testing and pigging program used at Cal Dive while in business. Organized and provided corporate with prognosis for turn-key pigging and testing jobs.
- Glencoe High School. Glencoe, AL 35905. Diploma received May 1984
- Academy of Precision Arts. Gadsden, AL. Diploma received October 1985. Received specialized training in computer and manually controlled operated machinery.
- Diver's Academy of the Eastern Seaboard. Camden, NJ. Received diploma July 1988
- State of Georgia Officer Training Academy. Forsyth, GA. Completed in July 1999. POST certified in 2000
- Oceaneering Int. LEAP Supervisor Course.
- Oceaneering Int. Hydraulics Technician Course.
- Oceaneering Int. Electronics Technician Course.
Accreditations and License
Oceaneering Well Control
Certified HAZMAT Technician by Automation USA Safety Division
T-2 certified in the operation of production platforms
Completed H2S Curse by Safety Technology & Oilfield Protectors
Panamanian Seaman's Book
Current PEC and Safe Gulf
BOSIET, HUET and EBS up to date
Successfully completed D.O.T. Standard Emergency Medical Technician Basic Course by Regional E.M.S.
Attended Hyperbaric Medicine Course at Caraway Methodist Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
Certified officer by the Peace Officers Training Act. Graduating the academy with highest GPA.
Certified Commercial Diver, Saturation Diver, and Mixed Gas Supervisor
A complete record of my training, retraining, certifications, and experience would obviously extend beyond the usual acceptable length. I will be glad to provide a more through upon request.