Results-oriented purchasing/logistics manager with both hands-on and team-management expertise in product sourcing, and all aspects of the supply chain. Strengths include implementation and maintenance of a global distribution network of suppliers, warehouses, domestic and ocean transportation carrier relationships. Loyal, logical, team player with experience in:
• Import / Export • Distribution • Business Process development
• Forecasting • Planning • Cost control
• Problem solving • Inventory Management • Negotiations
INTERNATIONAL PAPER / PACMIL LOGISTIS, San Diego, CA 1998 – 2006
Shipping Team Manager 2005 – 2006
Managed all ocean-carrier-related issues; i.e., contract rates, booking, documentation team functions, and freight forwarder performance.
• Oversaw development and implementation of new suppliers/products, adding 50% volume growth to existing monthly sales volume.
• Monitored shipping team performance to ensure providing necessary support for logistical throughput of products/commodities - USA to Asia – A vital role in achieving $10M sales per month.
• Managed project for process development software to support the purchase and international supply chain efforts for shipment ranging between 10,000 to 20,000 metric tons per month. USA to ASIA
• Led training, development, and coaching efforts of all logistics team members on shipping-related and other problem-solving decisions, strengthening the team’s ability to exceed monthly shipping targets by 10%.
Purchasing/Logistics Team Manager 1998 – 2005
Managed performance of purchasing/logistics teams in shipment of products/commodities from USA to Asia, totaling $10M sales per month.
• Led development of logistics process integration, adding $1M sales per month.
• Responsible for team-member performance in logistical throughput of products/commodities - USA to Asia - Totaling $4M sales per month.
• Led training, development, and coaching efforts of all logistics team members in purchase, and shipment decisions analysis and problem solving skill, thus improving ability to achieve monthly targets 100%.
• Served as communications hub between Asian Sales teams and US suppliers to resolve all sensitive and complex issues saving over $500,000 annually.
JON E. MORRISSEY JR. Page Two
PACIFIC MILLENNIUM TRADING CORPORATION, San Diego, CA 1993 – 1998
Export Traffic Coordinator 1994 – 1998
Coordinated purchasing and shipping of over $72M to Asia annually.
• Reported market information and monthly supplier allotment status on $6 million/mo. purchases to
corporate commodity manager.
• Prepared and maintained weekly reports of product availability vs. liability, production schedules. Pricing changes, and cost matrixes for $6 million monthly purchases.
• Maintained optimum inventory levels $1 to $3 million in U.S warehouses, as instructed by corporate commodity manager.
• Prepared monthly reports of sales and shipping forecasts for $6 million monthly sales.
Sourcing/Purchasing Officer 1993 – 1994
Assisted in North and South American supplier relations, communications, and price negotiations for 300,000 metric tons annual purchases of products/commodities.
• Issued monthly pricing instruction to Operations Department for 25,000mt purchases.
• Reported supplier pricing and purchase volumes summary information to Sourcing and corporate managers for 300,000mt annual.
• Distributed product specification and samples to Asian sales teams as needed to support sales of 25,000mt monthly.
• Processed claims to suppliers and reported monthly status on open claims to corporate managers, resulting in over $500,000 cost recovery annual.
• Researched and initiated new supplier/product development, resulting in 8,000 metric tons per month supply/sales to China.
PAN PACIFIC TRADING CORPORATION, San Diego, CA 1988 - 1993
Distribution Warehouse Supervisor - 1988 – 1993
Managed imports for national sales distribution $500,000 sales annual.
• Import cargo receipts • Inventory Management • Daily shipments
• BS, Business Administration, Management emphasis—San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
• Improving Managerial Skills of the New or Prospective Manager Certificate - AMA, San Diego, CA
• Management Problem Solving and Decision Making Program Certificate - Kepner Tregoe, San Diego, CA
• Hardwood Lumber Grading, short course Certificate – NHLA, Memphis, Tennessee