PURCHASING AND LOGISCTICS
- Shoreside Operations
To achieve a position where I can develop, lead and implement a vision to achieve Business goals as Profitability, Growth, Productivity, EHS, Quality, preferably in business related to Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Commercial, Services or Business Development .
Master Degree in Logistics & International Business from Universidad Anahuac Mexico, Six Sigma Certified Green Belt by GE Company (Statistical tools to improve process i.e. Manufacturing, Sales, Quality, NPD). Mechanical Engineer egresses from the Merchant Marine School of Tampico, Mexico.
Materials & Logistics Background + 20 yrs experience in Supply Chain Operations, International business, Purchasing, Distribution, Materials and Logistics, Custom Formalities, Warehousing, Inventories.
Operation & Manufacturing Background + 2 yrs experience in ChempOps Manufacturing , Maintenance
Maintenance and Ocean
Operation Background +4yrs experience, keeping the full operations and Maintenance of Petrochemicals vessels.
- Imagination and Courage to find the best results to hit the business targets.
- Team Work to find the Ideas and solutions to fix issues.
- Self Starter, active and independent, capable to take high impact decisions when they are need it.
- Fluent English and Spanish , written and spoken.
Purchasing and Logistics Manager
- Coordinate all Global Negotiation with worldwide sellers like, cummins, caterpillar, kongsberg, guidance navigation and some others getting savings for more than $100 usd K per Yr.
- Coordinate the Suppliers and contractors of Offshore Vessels for the deliver of projects ,equipment and spare parts to assure they comply with all SOLAS and ISM safety standards, as well with the ABS Quality Certification or Germanischer Lloyd Certification.
- Plan and Schedule the Logistics of loaded vessels in accordance with PEMEX Operations Staff to meet all the Rigs needs.
- Evaluate the Operations and maintenance cost reporting to finance the total expenses per offshore vessel.
- Assure the Accurate Spare parts on Hand Inventory per vessel in order to keep the vessels available 24/7
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPS PROGRAMS.
INSTITUTION : GE INTERNATIONAL/GEP
Six Sigma methodology 52 hrs
Change Accelerated Process 12 hrs
Leadership programs various
New Manager Development Course 50 hrs
Advance Manager Course 50 hrs
Meet to Buyer Workshop. 24hrs
INSTITUTION : KARRAS Ltd.
Effective Negotiation Course
Quality and Environmental Systems Training
IS0 9000, QS900
Naviera Bourbon Tamaulipas SA de CV (a Subsidiary of BOURBON Offshore)
08/06- Current Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Real Logistics SA de CV
04/05- 08/06 Customer Service & Operations Manager
General Electric Company
10/99 04/05 Materials & Logistics Leader
09/97- 10/99 Raw Materials Inventory Control Administrator
Hércules Fibras de México S.A de C.V.
01/96 – 09/97 Raw Materials Planner and Spare Parts Buyer
01/94-12/95 Maintenance Engineer for Petrochemical Plants
08/91-12/93 Engineer officer for Petrochemical Vessels
Purchasing & Logistics Manager
- Led the Implementation of SAP Bussines One as official ERP Sofware intregating Purchasing , Warehousing and Finance Department.
- Led the Purchasing Equipment for Project Convertion of 2 FIFI II & OIL Recovery boats in Turkey with a cost of 9 MUSD Per project.
- Led lead the Purchasing Equipment for convertion of DP2 boat with a Cost of 2 MUSD.
Customer Service & Operations Manager
- Led the Implementation of the Business Plan, and give follow to achieve the Business goals.
- Led the Customer service area, interacting direct with customers giving follow up to customers needs.
- Led the Logistics having the responsibility to get the best transit time and the better rates of the market.
- Coordinate the Activities with the Ocean Shipping Lines and Local Carriers for the Containers Exportation.
- Led the Activities with the Custom Brokers and Government Authorities to comply with all regulations.
M & L Leader
- Led the Supply chain operations having as a main responsibility the stable operations keeping on time the raw materials at the rights inventory levels having up to 12 inventory turns a year.
- Led the approval for the New products production at the site getting the approve on time being the production site a strategic option to cover demand for a total of 600 tons. A Yr.
- Led some Six Sigma project getting savings for almost $ 100 k usd a Yr
- Led the Tampico Span activities getting 12 days/Yr of SPAN considering one of the best Span numbers of GEAM Business.
- Led Custom Brokers, getting Success Target per qt. in according the business demand eliminating any risk of be over the budget number.
- Support the Backlog orders reduction complying with the on time delivery to the final customers.
- 100 % of Compliance of an open finding for GE Customs Corporate auditors related with P&E Import Records, closing this Item on time and sending all the documentation regarding this case to the auditors.
- Cero Loss time incident in the shipping Operations with a shipments Volume of 43 k Tons a Yr.
Raw Materials Inventory Control Administrator
- Led the RIP/WIP Initiative, using the EFLP Tools at the site working with the Finance Team to get the Inventory reduction of all the raw materials.
- Support the FIFO Project Strategy in coordination with the Finance Manager getting a Benefit of $100 k usd. In the qt. For the site.
- $ 300 k usd of cash flow benefit with the sale of obsolete and slow movements items from the Raw Materials Inventory.
Raw Materials Planner and Spare Parts Buyer.
- Cordinate the logistics and source of all the raw materials for the production of Polypropylene Fiber.
- Led and managed the source and inventory control of the Raw materials for the production area.
- Translated to the site global suppliers and developed alternative sources for “single source suppliers”
- Cordinate the maintenance of , Heat Exhangers, Dehydraters of cryogenics Plants .
- Participating in the change of heating coil for the radiation and convection zone of the Furnace of differents petrochemicals Plants.
- Supervising the construction and installation of the Pipelines Racks that will integrate the New Petrochemicals palnts.
- Led the planning and scheduling of preventive maintenance of the petrochemical plants.
- Led the TPM Initiative and participating as instructor of the maintenance team.
- Working on board of petrochemical vessels, doing different maintenance activities.
- Led of the Inventory Control of spare parts and Fuel levels.
- Designed operation & control room procedures.