Secure a position that will benefit my experience and allow me to learn and contribute.
2005- Present Project Manager
Larry Smith Electronics, Riviera Beach, Florida
· Project Management for mega-yacht installs, refits and service worldwide.
· Business process improvement
· Quality Assurance Program development
· New service opportunity development
· Manage the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show booth installation.
2000 – 2005 Manager, Global Technical Support and Customer Training
Texas Instruments Broadband Division, Germantown, Maryland
· Expanded the Technical Support team internationally, opened offices in France, Taiwan and mainland China supporting distributors and direct customers.
· Redesigned the employee and customer Training program to include Distance Learning and self paced Computer Based Training (CBT).
· Implemented an online Training and Support customer portal/database.
· As part of a team, helped TI Broadband achieve ISO certification.
· Developed company wide quality metrics used to access product and service quality.
1996 – 2000 Director Client Services
Hekimian Labs, Rockville, MD
· Developed and implemented a new Service and Training strategy. Reorganized and trained existing resources into a single, flexible cross-trained team to respond to radically changing customer demands.
· Customer Education department training offerings were redesigned and packaged for repeat sale. Profitability occurred within 12 months.
· Energized the Sales and Marketing of Professional Services, increased revenue 300% over 3 years.
· Key member of the Quality Board and represented company as a Founding Member TL9000
· Developed quality metrics and reported these statistics, made recommendations to other departments for improvement.
1995 – 1996 Manager, Technical Assistance Center
Microlog Corp., Germantown, MD
1988 –1995 National Accounts Project Manager
Supervisor Technical Support
Octel Communications, Plymouth Meeting, PA
1987 – 1988 Technology Trainer
Sorbus, Frazier PA
1983 – 1987 Tech Support Engineer
Contel Executone, Long Island N.Y. and Norcross GA
1977 – 1983 Partner
UNIFONE, New York, N.Y.
· Art and Design - New York City Community College. Brooklyn, N.Y.
· 1999 TL9000 Quality Systems - Founding Member - This organization represents the new global process and quality performance standards for the telecommunication industry.
· 1998 & 1999 Arizona State University - Center For Services Marketing and Management.
· American Management Association – numerous Management courses.
Marine Functional Resume
1990 – Present Owner/Operator
All Marine Electrical LLC
· Designing, installing and troubleshooting marine electrical systems.
Marine training and professional development
ABYC – American Boat & Yacht Council
· Marine Electrical Certification
· Marine Corrosion
· Standards Accreditation
· Westlawn Yacht Design Lite In Process
· 2006 and 2006 Conference on Marine Industry Technical Training (COMITT)
· Marine Industry Technical Education Council (MITEC)
Active member participating on sub committees
National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA)
· Marine Electronics Installer Program (MEI)
I have quoted, estimated and written scope of work for electrical and ‘systems’ replacement and upgrades for
my own company for many years. I have refurbished numerous boats for myself including my most recent
project a steel tugboat refit.
Since 2005 as a Project Manager with Larry Smith Electronics my customer’s yachts have included Westport, Trinity, Hargrave, PAE, Tribute Performance Boats, Oceanfast and Azimut to name a few.
Attended numerous executive training programs at Arizona State University - Center For Services Marketing and Management. These programs specifically target methods and ‘best practices’ of selling the value of services.
At Larry Smith Electronics I developed the GMDSS Radio Inspection service offering which included developing the policies, procedures and documentation to achieve “approval “ by American Bureau Of Shipping (ABS) and Bureau Veritas (BV), other Class Societies approval are in process.. I acted as the company single point of contact during the Quality Audits and inspections by these class societies.
I created the service-marketing brochure and provided sales training.
More the 15 years managing and improving the performance of service technicians delivering quality and profitable service to demanding customers worldwide.
I possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. I am capable of explaining complex technical
information to the layman and comfortable presenting in front of an audience or in a one-on-one situation.
These skills have helped me be successful as a Technical Trainer and Manager.
My writing style is targeted and organized.
Business Process Improvement and Quality Assurance
One of my strengths is to quickly ‘see’ a logical and efficient flow of work. Inherent to an effective process is a
method to verify and report on its quality, I always include quality measurements in any business process