- Project Engineering / Project Management
Objective Professional who undertakes project assignments, meet deadlines, and delivers high quality performance. Possesses practical knowledge in corporate project management and planning, applying strong analytical skills to drive strategic initiatives, cost savings, and process improvements.
- 4 years of experience in Project Management, Planning, and Operations Management.
- 3 years of experience in Logistics, Warehousing & Transportation Management, Third-Party Logistics.
- Working Knowledge in Production, Materials Requirements Planning, and Resource Planning.
- Continuous Improvement: Kaizen events, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, Visual Management, and Waste elimination.
- Proficient skills in WMS system, AutoCAD, and Solid works, Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office package, and SAP.
- Fluent Language Skills in Spanish and English. Experience in collaborating with employees within a department and across functions.
Experience Production Planner II Sunnyvale
Northrop Grumman 2012-Present
- Interface with Process Areas Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Production Coordinators to support and provide solutions for Integrated Master Scheduling.
- Monitor and update project plans in term of capacity and manpower requirements to meet US Government Contract Programs (NAVY) deadlines.
- Asses strategic planning for critical machines, bottleneck solutions, routing optimization, and cost savings solutions.
- Work with Directors of Operations and Manufacturing with continuous improvement projects, ad hoc tasks, capital investment projects, and risk assessments projects.
- Work with Industrial Engineers group to align MRP with IMS, improve routing on SAP, and review standard hours vs actual hours for a more realistic and executable MRP schedules based on resource availability.
Project Manager West / East Region
Matson Logistics Warehousing 2010-2012
- Served as a project engineer for facilities startups in the West / East Region. Developed pricing models and engineering solutions for the expansion of the warehouse business with new customer contracts.
- Designed and optimized layouts in CAD of warehouse facilities according to the customer profile and city requirements (storage space design, ergonomics applications, labor standards analysis, and material handling requirements)
- Responsible for conducting capital investment analysis, variable/ fixed expenses, and evaluating financial pro-form to meet gross margin of the project startups. Performed analytic methods in evaluating the acceptability of capital projects: payback, NPV and IRR
- Managed and generated $1MM Capital Expenditure Requests for facility improvements and modifications of capital expenses for special projects: Rent vs. Buy Forklifts Analysis, Expand Space Storage with Racking Storage System, Improve Valued-Added Packaging Process, and Warehouse Start up Construction.
Industrial Engineer Hayward, CA
Kortick Manufacturing Company 2008-2010
- Led, managed, and conducted a $250K special project 1 time awarded by the company: producing and assembly 18 ft. electrical towers for PG&E;
- Supported daily operations, with focus on cost reductions to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Conducted logistical planning including procurement of raw materials, production scheduling, and monitoring inventory of finished goods.
- Assisted in developing long-term strategy in continuous improvements around safety & environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and capacity planning.
- Applied 5S and waste elimination methodologies in the process to improve the set up / cycle time of jobs (i.e. eliminated the traveling distance for tooling, reduced set up time of machines, and similarity jobs)
- Worked as a mentor with intern students to complete their senior projects from start to end. Developed economic analyses of critical machines, salvage value analysis, and simulation analysis to improve manufacturing process flow and assembly line of finished goods.
Consultant/ IE Internship Emeryville, CA
Semifreddi’s Bakery 2009
- Improved and optimized the distribution method and process controls at Semifreedi’s bakery.
- Performed an economic analysis of delivery trucks to determine optimal buying, leasing, and economic service life.
- Conducted Ergonomic analysis to improve employee performances and reduce potential injuries.
Industrial Engineering Internship Munich, Germany
University of Applied Sciences 2008
- Research Internship in Science and Engineering 2008 Scholarship at Germany (RISE).
- German Academic Exchange Service, Summer Internship 2008 (DAAD)
- Analyzed the effects of measurements and production process due to mechanical inaccuracies
Education California State University East Bay, Hayward, CA
- Master Degree, Engineering Management Major GPA: 3.20 2012
- Certificate Option, Quality Management 2011
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering Major GPA: 3.40 2009
- Minor Option, Business Administration
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
- Certificate, OSHA 2011
University of San Francisco
Quality Business Institute
- Project Manager HOA at Associa Northen California: Review multiple projects and improvements for the Civic Terrace Community (i.e.water reduction, interior / exterior improvements, budget analysis, etc.)
- Compass Award-Employee of the month by Matson Logistics Company (November 2010).
- Mahalo Award – Provided by Facility Manager in Hayward, CA for the successful visual management implementation control of customer KPI, financial Variable Ratios, and labor productivity.
- Institute of Industrial Engineer 2007-2009: Officer of the Chapter at CSUEB
- Honor Student, Industrial Engineering Scholarship 2008-2009 at California State University East Bay