Project Engineer- Shipyard
- Project Engineering / Project Management
Project Management Team Building, Leadership & Negotiation Ship Building & Ship Repair Projects Estimation & Invoicing Production Planning/ Resource Optimization Mechanical Engineering Safety Management Procurement & Manpower Management Liaison & Coordination
A versatile, high-energy professional with the merit of executing prestigious projects of large magnitude within strict time schedules, cost & quality;
Targeting assignments in Project Management, Procurement, Strategy & Business Development, Invoicing & Estimation.
Industry Preference: Shipyard, Onshore Projects, Steel Fabrication & Oil fields
Location Preference: UAE, Other Middle East, Singapore, Malaysia, Europe & India
- PMP Certified professional with 10 years of Project Management experience in Ship building & Ship Repair Projects.
- Experienced in shipyard across diverse facility building & vessel construction/ repair projects.
- Proven track record in implementing effective techniques to bring efficiency in project execution, improve quality standards & achieve maximum cost saving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Project, AutoCAD & Primavera.
- Results-oriented, self-driven leader and collaborator with proven aptitude to analyze, structure, negotiate/ document complex transactions, formulate/ implement strategies and achieve operating goals while balancing risks.
- A strategic planner with expertise in planning and executing projects with a flair for adopting modern methodologies; complying with quality standards.
- Skilled in managing maintenance activities, enhancing operational efficiency, eliminating obsolescence and achieving cost reduction through effective maintenance planning, materials and inventory control.
- An effective communicator with strong analytical, relationship management with the capability to network with project members, consultants, contractors and statutory agencies with consummate ease
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical from Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum, India in 2006
Grandweld Shipyards, Dubai as Project Engineer – Ship repair
Key Result Areas:
- Coordinate with client, consultants & sub-contractors to generate scope of works and prepare Project chart and plan as per owner’s requirement.
- Developing project baselines, monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects
- Formulating operating budgets and managing overall operations for executing the projects within cost & time norms
- Evaluating projects specifications and determining the viability based on project plan & manpower in conjunction with site supervisors
- Communicating with project team and operation manager on pertinent issues
- Ensuring, Equipment and materials are delivered to job sites in timely and cost effective manner
- Effective management of all projects and review all weekly progress/site meetings for all jobs
- Managing issue arising out of equipment and manpower review and track all shop drawings required for projects
- Preparing project invoices; attending review meetings
- Leading and motivating workforce, imparting continuous on job training for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness/ efficiency
- Monitoring the project cost, procured material, & manpower throughout the project; checking the safety clearance and executing the work with the safety standard
- Played a key role in taking appropriate decisions & improved controlled measures to conclude projects on time and within budget.
- Streamlining processes carried out through integrated & materialized repair process, safety and equipment services from a single source. Leveraged highest level of ERP system and rapid response to customers.
- Identified new vendors with competitive pricing, Up to date Product Range, After Sales Support, Lower Lead times, Quality of products, Supplier Capacity and Reliability, Warranty Issues which led to reduction in cost by 10%.
- Key projects like DP2 conversion, Four Point Mooring system with diving platform, Dry docking of different types of vessels executed successfully and over came the challenges like Project deadlines, accessible facilities, existing resources and offered budget.
- Received several appreciation from clients & classification for the execution of different projects in qualitative and cost effective manner within tight schedule and timeline.
Jun’11 till date
Sep’07 – Jun’11
Dubai Ship Building & Engineering as Project Engineer/Project Planning Engineer- Shipbuilding
Sept’07 – May’08 Quantity Survey Engineer
June’08 - Jun’11 Project Engineer / Project Planning Engineer
As Project Engineer /Project Planning Engineer
- Ensured a thorough understanding of the contract requirements and co-ordinate the resourcing requirements to respective project segments
- Co-ordinated with project team for the development and establishment of the project planning, ensure that corrective action is agreed and implemented at the appropriate level as and when variations occurs
- Created micro level project schedule in MS project.
- Ensured availability of manpower, materials, equipment, permits, tools as required
- Reviewed & Issued approved construction drawings to the site.
- Assigned & supervised different teams at different location for safe and fast construction, ensured about safety tool box meeting weekly
- Arranged required work permits in cooperation with safety department to reduce risks at site
- Conducted daily approval and submission of time-sheets, material requisitions, hired equipment and daily production report to the Project manager
- Executed projects according to basic design, building specification, classification rules & owner requirements on shipyard site
- Monitor and control project documents like approved drawings, class certificates, material certificates, permits, safety tool box records & manpower lists as required for ISO 9000-2001
As Quantity Survey Engineer
- Generated bill of quantity for material requisition, material estimation for the structure, piping and outfits for ship building
- Took quantity measurements of steels, pipes & outfits after completion of the repair job and measurements like Hull areas, Tank areas for blasting & painting
- Made sketches and reports according to the quantity measurements taken
- The cost of repairing work on job vise and location vise for invoicing
- The steel weight and pipes used for repair and submit the detailed report for invoicing
- Engaged in repair of different AHTS vessels, Tugs, Barges, Supply Vessels, Tankers, Landing Crafts & RORO Vessels
Jul’06 – Jun’07
Western India Ply Woods, Kerala, India as Mechanical Engineer
As a Trainee Engineer
- Supervised production planning and control, maintenance of rotating equipment and material management systems, execution of orders, optimal utilization of plant
- Conducted operation & maintenance of hard board and plywood production machinery and RO (Reverse osmosis plant)
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Rotating Equipment Compressors and Pumps
- Material management Systems such as Belt Conveyor, Workshop Machinery
- Proficient in MS Office, HTML, Web designing, Different OS, Photoshop, Computer Hardware & Networking.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
Date of Birth: 05 May 1984
Languages Known: Arabic, English, Hindi
Address: P.O.Box No: 24755, Dubai
Marital Status: Married
No. of Dependents: 3
Passport No.: G0203265
Visa Status: Resident
Driving License: Light motor vehicle & Motor cycle (UAE)
Organization: Dubai Ship Building & Engineering
Role: Project Planning Engineer
Title: 64 Mtrs AHTS Vessel for Middle East Marine, 64 Mtrs
AHTS Vessel for
Client: Middle East Marine
Role: Project Engineer
Title: 33 Mtrs Oil Spill Response Catamaran
24 Mtrs of 3 Non Propelled Pontoon Barges
Client: Dubai Police & United Arab Shipping Company.
Role: Quantity Survey Engineer
Title: 95 Mtrs Accommodation Barge
Fire & Rescue Boat for Dubai Police, Pollution Control
Boat for Dubai Municipality
Client: Mubarak Marine, Dubai Municipality & Dubai Police.
Organization: GRANDWELD Shipyards, Dubai
Role: Project Engineer
Title: DP2 conversion project for Stanford Marine
Four Point Mooring system & Diving platform
for Zamil Offshore & Team Shipping Company.
Dry docking of Different types of Supply, AHTS
Vessels, Aluminium Crew boats, Oil & Asphalt
Tankers, Tug boats & Luxury Fiber yachts.
Client: Stanford Marine, Zamil Offshore, NPCC, CGG
Bourbon Offshore, Global Marine, Wesal Shipping
& Team Shipping Company.