Twenty years experience in marine search and rescue and law enforcement with the US Coast Guard. I am a consistently high performer with outstanding communication and personal skills. Highly organized and self motivated leader successful at accomplishing team goals. Demonstrated abilities in:
Team Leadership ● Adaptability
Adverse Working Environments ● Critical Incident Management
Marine Fiber Glass Repair ● Engine Troubleshooting
Leader in Safety
California Resources Corporation Long Beach, CA
Production Operator 1/2015 – 11/2015
- Responsible for the operation of a water treatment facility which was the main water distribution center insuring other islands had adequate water tank levels for injections
- Maintained tank levels using computer programs and manually operating valves and pumps
- Pump maintenance and scheduling preventative maintaince for oil, water and gas separation
- Monitored contractor’s to ensure all safety procedures and rules were followed
Aera Energy Ventura, CA
Plants Operator, Water Injection Team, 8/2013 – 12/2014
- Responsible for day to day operations of water treatment facility
- Maintain equipment; tank levels and injections wells and upkeep of filters
- Preventative maintenance, facility maintenance and safety repairs
- Served as first response of Oil Spills and Environmental response
- Knowledge of Wonder-ware and Archestra software
- Received Safety recognition award
US Coast Guard Port Security Unit 311 Los Angeles/Los Angeles, CA
Lead Petty officer, E-6, 2009- Retirement Date 6/3/2013
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the stations standard boats, vehicles and facilities, ensuring crew habitability and reliable response to marine emergencies and law enforcement needs.
- Supervisor of Recue and Survival Systems ensuring safety of 68 personnel in Boat Division.
- In addition to Rescue and Survival I am also in charge of all maintenance including fiber glass repair on boats.
- Being a Deployable Expeditionary Warfare Unit, safety is paramount when it comes to loading trucks boats and personnel in aircraft for deployment.
- Received meritorious team award for coordinating all evolutions involved with movement of personnel in 96 hour recall.
- Assisted in writing SOP with detailed safety procedures and practices
US Coast Guard Sector LA/LB, CA
Waterways Division, E-6, 2006-2009
- Responsible for issuing permits to anybody filming in LA Harbor. This required making sure all sets were safe by inspecting equipment being used for stunts.
- Received Letter of Commendation for Sailor of the Quarter during this period.
US Coast Guard Cutter George Cobb
Buoy Deck Supervisor, E-5, 2002-2006
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of hundreds of buoys on west coast from San Diego to San Francisco.
- Certified as Rigger, Crane operator, Buoy Deck Supervisor, Underway Watch stander, and Officer of the Deck.
- Immense responsibility ensuring safety of personnel while doing most dangerous evolutions in the Coast Guard
- As a collateral duty was in charge of Rescue and Survival ensuring all gear properly inspected and maintained.
- Received Coast Guard Achievement Medal during this period.
US Coast Guard Integrated Support Command Los Angeles/Long Beach, CA
Transportation Department E-5/6, 1997-2002
- Specialized in Household Goods and all transportation needs for personnel transferring to new units.
- Worked with civilian companies and coordinated movement of families and household goods to new duty station.
- High tempo work that required long hours to make sure job was completed start to finish.
- Great responsibility making sure families had smooth transition from one duty station to the next to include travel expenses, entitlements, securing housing, and making sure household goods got to their destination.
US Coast Guard Integrated Support Command Kodiak, AK
Personnel Administration, E-4, 1996-1998
- Maintained over 150 Personnel Data Records for various units.
- Very daunting task requiring great motivation and organization skills.
- Responsibilities included making sure all personnel were receiving proper pay entitlements while OUTCONUS.
USCG Station Indian River Inlet, Rehobeth Beach, DE
Boat Division, E-3, 1993-1996
- Certified Heavy Weather Crewman and Boarding Team Member..
- Specialized in Search and Rescue while operating in heavy weather conditions. Responsible for safety of fellow crewman while involved in underway evolutions whether doing search and rescue or Law Enforcement boarding’s.
- Was in charge of Rescue and Survival Program as Collateral duty making sure all survival equipment properly maintained and logged for safety of 60 personnel at CG Station Indian River
Specialized Training, Education, and Certification
Secret Security Clearance
Maritime Law Enforcement Boarding Team Member
Honors and Awards
Meritorious Service Medal CG Achievement Medal
CG Achievement Medal CG Commandants Letter of Commendation
CG Good Conduct (5) CG Humanitarian Service
CG Expert Pistol CG Expert Rifle
Global War on Terror Service Medal National Defense Service Medal
Special Operations Service Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
Expert Pistol Medal National Defense (2)
References available upon request
- TWIC Card
Long Beach, California,