I would like to work abroad where my skills are best needed.
1. MOST RECENT SMIT SUBSEA AFRICA LTD.
POSITION Project Controller ( on contract since November 2006 )
( Permanent as from 1 May 2007 )
DUTIES INCLUDE Assistant to 5 Project Managers - prepare salaries for all divers on 5 different projects in USD - send off payment request to Isle Of Man - prepare invoices to clients for projects done by us on a monthly basis - check if banking details are correct on all contracts of divers after inductions. - Responsible for all queries from divers – liase mostly via email – Keep daily timesheets of divers performances per project up to date. – Verify the date of flight departures per diver to a project and the returning flights .
Detailed functions regarding the above will be submitted on your request.
Refer attached detailed Key Performances
2. IRVIN & JOHNSON LIMITED
Full time since 1997 - 2006
POSITION Import Bookkeeper
DUTIES INCLUDE Complete LC (Letter of Credit Application) for the bank. Take forward cover for USD and CAD eg: SPOT, FORWARD CONTRACTS. Other terms used are TOM – tomorrow and TOC – today. The LC is a guarantee with the bank.
PRODUCT COSTING: All cost incurred before the product gets (GRV eg: Forward cover extentions or early drawings for payment are calculated as a Loss or Gain to the product cost per kg.
Liaise with the forwarding company (Project Freight) to have the container cleared by Customs.
Arrange storage location at one of 3 Cold Stores.
Responsible for all Namibian suppliers payment and recons. Deal with Border post regarding customs VAT payment.
Complete import application forms for permits
Oversee shipments sent off from Mozambique to S.A.
Oversee creditors clerk for all local products received. Other duties done temporary:
Relieve the Export clerk when on leave by processing sales in SAP. Familiar with forex contracts as financial instrument; eg: USD, Euro, CAD, GBP, AUD.
Recons of Stock Ledger accounts, Inbound Freight, Inbound Freight Agent Cost, Cash Book, Petty Cash and Prepaid Expenses accounts are done on a monthly basis.
Do invoice verification for all import suppliers and transport services.
General Ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis. Prepare journals relating to all Imports and Non stock items . Responsible for clearing GL accounts.Prepare Bank reconciliations daily. Responsible for payments to Foreign suppliers. Assist with Debtors and local Creditors . Prepare Goods Received Notes and create Purchase Orders .Responsible for local and foreign Petty Cash . General Ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis. Prepare journals. Bank reconciliations. Payment to Foreign suppliers. Assist with Debtors and local Creditors . Petty Cash . Foreign Petty Cash
3. GRENCO (PTY) LTD
POSITION Creditors Supervisor
Full time 1990 - 1996
DUTIES INCLUDE Run of daily and monthly reports. Reconcile plus, minus 400 creditors on Quattro Spreadsheets. Generate computerized cheques for the month end payments. Reconcile the Creditors Control account. Do all related journals for creditors. Supervise the creditors clerk and filing clerk/mail distributor.
Cash Book: Reconcile and journalized 4 different cashbook entries: JHB, DBN, CT.
Accounts System: OMNIX
4 METAL BOX MONO CONTAINERS
Since 1984 – 1990
POSITION Creditors Clerk
DUTIES INCLUDE Matching delivery notes to the invoices – opening of new creditors accounts – run daily and monthly reports reconcile all creditors accounts – liasing with suppliers telephonically.
POSITION Debtors Clerk
DUTIES INCLUDE Pricing and coding of delivery notes – opening new accounts – process delivery notes and generate invoices
Print statements – run debtors month end reports – prepare credit notes – liaising with various branches -
Prepare debtors journals & banking cheques.
To be advised
Below Key Performances of current job.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Invoice Processing • Proactively maintain regular interface with Project Managers and Offshore Subsea representatives to ensure timely receipt of invoice related information.
• Develop and finalise day rate invoices by 1st of the subsequent months of services and processing of reclaimables invoices by 15th of the subsequent month of services.
• Ensure all invoices are accurate in value, calculation and format (address and presentation) and are presented to the Project Manager for authorisation
• Maintain a schedule / checksheet of all ongoing projects to ensure all project invoices are submitted on a monthly basis
• Ensure that a copy of each invoice with back up is made and issued to the Project Manager for filing.
• Ensure that the original of each invoice with back up is issued to the Regional Manager Personal Assistant for couriering
• Develop an understanding of Project Reconciliation to enable future management of project reconciliations.
2. Diver payments
• Proactively maintain regular interface with Project Managers and Offshore Subsea representatives to ensure timely receipt of time sheet related information.
• Maintain a schedule / checksheet of all ongoing projects, supported by the Personnel shared directory project files to ensure all personnel payments are processed.
• All timesheets presented by Project personnel or developed by Project Controller shall be cross checked against the Personnel data sheet to verify pay scales and travel dates.
• Ensure all pay advice slips are accurate in value, calculation and format.
• Develop and finalise 80% of project personnel payments by 5th of the subsequent month of services and 100% of payments by 10th of the subsequent month of services.
• Ensure all payment schedules are signed off and e-mailed to Isle of Man bank ; hard copy filed ; electronic copy filed.
• To develop an understanding of Project Reconciliation to enable To ensure diver payments are processed by 5th of subsequent month of service
3. General • To assist Project Managers with all reasonable requests including account and invoice reconciliations and related administrative work.
• General Filing and secretarial services for Project department.
• Develop a knowledge of the industry
• Troubleshoot problems and identify solutions and system improvements
• Develop relationships within the industry personnel, suppliers and Clients
• Assist with marketing of Company Activities
• Be involved in all aspects of the subsea business process;
High school level
Accounts & Bookkeeping course with Damelin
Senior Certificate ( High School )
Bookkeeping and Accounting
Dealing with foreign currencies - Procurement - Logistics -
SAP ( 9 years experience ) Accpac accounting
Accounting packages - SAP and Accpac