With varied experience of more than seventeen years in PORT and INFRASTRUCTURE SECTOR and with right attitude towards work, I would like to work in middle management and above as General Manager/ Project Manager/ Lead Project Engineer for contractor, client or consultant. Presently working in the Gulf but can move elsewhere. Can work in Australia.
1. Period: From June 2006 to Present Day ( One Year)
Brief introduction about the Company: Dodsal Pte. Ltd., Dubai, UAE. is a prominent EPIC contracting company working in Oil and Gas sector and also in infrastructure sector. Dodsal is an EPIC contractor for Common Cooling Sea Water System Project for Qatar Petroleum. The company is ISO 9001-2000 certified.
1.1 Nature of Experience
Presently working as Lead Civil/ Marine Engineer in Engineering Division at Project Home Office, Abu Dhabi, UAE. I lead a team of four civil and structural engineers. The main functions are checking drawings, designs and documents for accuracy, scope, constructability, specifications with respect to EPC contract. Emphasis on speed of construction and value engineering.
The works covered are
1) Marine Intake Structures with Mechanical Cleaning Equipment (Complex Pump Houses with 3 MW motors). Largest in the world.
2) Large diameter GRP cooling water pipelines, (3.5m Dia).
3) Pipe Bridges and Road Crossings.
4) Receiving Basin, Discharge Channel, Transition Channel, Marine Outfall structure.
5) Dredging of intake channel, Cofferdams construction and removal.
6) Model Studies, Geo-tech and Marine Geo-tech Investigations, Topographical and Bathymetric Surveys etc.
7) Solving site problems.
8) Supporting procurement activities by generating Material Requisitions and coordinating with vendors etc.
This project is one of the largest of its kind in the world with gigantic intake structure and large diameter pipelines. The total cost of project is USD One Billion.
2. Period: From May 1991 to March 2006 ( 15 years)
Brief about the Company: Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT) is an autonomous organisation in Port Sector under Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways, Govt. of India, having ISO 9001-2000 certification. MbPT is a premier port of India rendering service to shipping industry and handling annual traffic of 45 million tonnes.
The main function of the Civil Engineering Department was to maintain assets, plan new schemes, execute capital works.
2.1 Nature of Experience
Worked in Civil Engineering Department of Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT), Mumbai, India as Assistant Executive Engineer from May 1991 till March 2006. Prior to MbPT worked for brief periods in two companies.
The experience gained in MbPT was versatile in nature and I got exposure and training in almost all the spheres of civil engineering practice such as Planning, Design, Marine Project, Construction and Contract Management. The experience gained can be equally applied in general civil engineering such as building construction, Industrial constructions, roads, bridges, drainage, planning, design, estimation, contracting etc.
2.2 Engineering Project Planning (3 Years)
1) Planning of new development scheme especially Marine project.
2) Investigating & analysing project technically and financially.
3) Conducting Topographical and Bathymetric surveys, Geotechnical and Marine Geotechnical investigation, Model Studies.
4) Estimating and costing of capital works.
5) Administrative, Technical and Environmental sanctions to project; Liaison with various agencies.
6) Preparation, Pre-qualification, Invitation, Scrutiny & Award of contract works following Local & International Competitive Bidding procedures.
2.3 Marine Project Work (3 years )
1) Involved in const. of Marine Oil Terminal at Pir Pau in Mumbai Harbour.
2) The Terminal was for handling Hazardous chemicals with common user pipelines. Marine Loading arms, Fire fighting equipment, capstans were installed.
3) Length of Jetty 2 Km.; Two Berthing Dolphins & four Mooring Dolphins on vertical & raker piles; Bollards, electric capstans
4) Capital dredging of berth pocket and turning circle.
5) Bored cast-in-place R.C.C. piles using Jack-up and End-on platform, Underwater concreting using tremie pipe.
6) Precasting and placing of precast components using floating pontoons & barges.
7) Responsibilities: Day to day Construction Supervision, Quality Assurance, Measurements, Billing, Reporting and Monitoring Progress.
8) Exposure to submarine or sub-sea pipelines.
2.4 Execution of General Civil Works & Contract Management (3 years)
1) Preparation of detailed estimate and tenders including specifications for marine project, buildings, industrial sheds, concrete & asphalt roads, and almost all types of civil structures.
2) Execution of general civil engineering works such as roads, buildings, water tanks, storm water drains etc. as per drawings & specifications
3) Structural steel fabrication & galvanising of steel towers, masts, curtain antennas.
4) Interior works of offices comprising partitioning, false ceilings & finishing works involving multiple agencies.
5) Pre & Post tender formalities such as Preparation, Invitation, Scrutiny, Award, Measurements, Billing, Monitoring Progress and Contract Management.
2.5 Structural Design (6 years)
1) Design of Reinforced Concrete and Steel structures such as buildings, gravity quay walls, piled jetty and berth structures, under ground water tanks, minor bridges etc.
2) Use of Standard codes for design of steel and concrete structures including port and harbour structures. Reference to UNCTAD, PIANC manuals.
3) Emphasis on Design of Cost Effective structures; Investigation and Formulation of repair scheme for old structures.
4) Use of structural design package STAADPRO 2002.
5) Preparation and checking of Engineering & Architectural Detailed Working drawings for detailing & accuracy; supervising the work of draftsmen.
1) Passed Bachelor of Civil Engineering, B.E. (civil) examination of Osmania University, Hyderabad, India in the year 1989 with 83.76% marks.
2) Passed English Language Examination (IELTS) with an overall band of seven.
3) Chartered Engineer of Institution of Engineers, India.
4) Assessed by United Kingdom’s National Academic Recognition Information centre for United Kingdom (UK NARIC) as comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.
5) Assessed by the Engineers Australia as Professional Civil Engineer (ASCO Code 2124-11).
1) Assessed by the Engineers Australia as Professional Civil Engineer (ASCO Code 2124-11).
2) Assessed by United Kingdom’s, National Academic Recognition Information centre for United Kingdom (UK NARIC) as comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.
3) Chartered Engineer (CE) of The Institution of Engineers (India)
4) Member of American Concrete Institute (ACI), India Chapter.
5) Member of Indian Institution of Bridge Engineers (IIBE).
6) Member of Indian Water Works Association (IWWA).
1) Holds Indian Passport and can obtain Driving Licence.
2) Interested in reading & collecting technical literature, visiting product & trade exhibitions to increase awareness towards advances in material and construction technologies.
3) Geography, Travelling and sight seeing are the hobbies