Find a suitable Port Engineer/Vessel Manager position with a reputed Shipping Firm that offers good working environment and utilize my vast Shipping industry related experience.
2009 - 8/2011: OFFICER ON SPECIAL DUTY - POOMPUHAR SHIPPING CORPORATION LTD., CHENNAI, INDIA
2008 - 2009: ENGINEERING CONSULTANT - POOMPUHAR SHIPPING CORPORATION LTD., CHENNAI, INDIA
2002- 2007: OWN BUSINESS, HOUMA, LA, USA
1998- 2001: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER- (SYMBOL-ny, AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS-ky, AGO INC-nj)
1985- 1997: MARINE ENGINEER (4 TH CHIEF ENGINEER) - pOOMPUHAR SHIPPING CORPORATION, ESSAR SHIPPING, ADMINRALITY SHIPPING, ISBELLA SHIPPING AND UNIVAN SHIP MANAGEMENT)
1981- 1985: ASSISTANT MACHINERY DESIGN ENGINEER- GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS AND ENGINEERS LTD, CALCUTTA, INDIA.
1978- 1981: MARINE ENGINEER (5TH AND 4TH ENGINEER)- POOMPUHAR SHIPPING CORPORATION AND SHIPPING COROPORAITON OF INDIA LTD.
1977 -1978: MOT TRAINING FROM HINDUSTAN SHIPYARD LTD, VIZAG, INDIA.
1997 - NIIT computer training courses, Guntur, AP, India
1972- 1977: Bachelors in Mechanical Marine Engineering from AU College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, AP, India.
1971- 1972: 1st BSc -PBN College, Nidubrole, AP, India
1969- 1971: 2year Intermediate, PBN College, Nidubrole, India
1964- 1969: SPH High school, Tanguturu, AP, India
2009: Certificate-Introductory course ISM
1987& 2009: STCW courses, HMIT, Chennai, Inida
1989: First Class Marine Engineer (Motor) unlimited HP.
• Managed project team.
• Estimated and managed budget.
• Supervised and coordinated bid package proposals.
• Performed manpower/production calculations.
• Scheduled and planned projects.
• Costs and budget control over ($15.0 M USD).
• Dry docking and new buildings – including China, Japan, Europe and India.
• Efficiency and improvement by reducing job costs an average of 15%
• Enhanced profits by developing most effective and economic methods.
• Enhancement in the ISM code compliance and quality ISO standards
• Safety Management System.
• Co-ordinate and completed successfully with Flag state and Port State control and Class with respect to various Annual, Intermediate, CSM, CSH and ISM surveys/inspections.
• Floated global tenders for dry docking repairs and paints, processed and selected competent dry docks.
• Dry docked four bulk carriers successfully and saved millions of dollars and time by methodical approach.
• Checked and corrected spares requirement and procured them from OEM and other reliable resources in a planned and scheduled way.
• Carried out condition assessment and inspections of machinery, troubleshoot and assess marine machinery problems, and developed solutions in support of Marine Operations.
• Carried out vetting of the vessels prior to chartering.
• Planned and carried out steel renewal, sand/hydro blasting, extensive repairs by competent and approved workshops to various components of ship board machineries in co-ordination with the class surveyors.
• With the Constant follow up of the dry dock quantum and quality of work, yard bills brought down.
• Dealt with Flag State, Classification and Port Officials, Shipyards, Spares manufacturers / suppliers and Repair Workshops where ever necessary for the smooth running of the ships.
o Worked onboard various types of ships – Bulk carriers, Reefer vessels, Crude oil tankers, General cargo ships, etc from junior engineer level to Chief Engineer ; repaired and maintained various make and types of machinery.
o Main Engines –MAN-B&W, Sulzer and Pielstick.
o Generator engines – Yanmar, Daihatsu, MAN, Cummins, etc.
o Auxiliary Boilers – Scotch, Aalborg, Mitsubishi single and multistage boilers
o JSW-Hagglunds electro hydraulic , Leiber , and steam winch driven cargo cranes,
o Various other electro hydraulic steering equipment, Air compressors, Cargo Refrigeration plants
o Various single, multistage-centrifugal, reciprocating pumps for various fluids and all other marine machinery systems fitted onboard.
o Worked on various sizes and types of Ships like – Bulk carriers, Oil tankers, Reefer Ships and general cargo ships.
o As Chief Engineer – Responsible for the safety of the engine room staff and machinery. Carried out planned and preventive maintenance. Responsible for the stores and spares Inventory, Indenting and usage and preserving of spares. Scheduling and supervising the maintenance and survey works. Dealt with and managed multinational crew.
o As Junior engineer to 2nd engineer, worked on all the shipboard machinery and maintained. Supervised engine room jobs.
• MACHINERY DESIGN ENGINEER: (over 4 years)
o As a machinery design engineer of new buildings – Bulk carriers (3Nos.) and Offshore supply cum standby vessels(4nos.) designed and drafted various system drawings, machinery components and sought Owners, Classification and Flag State approval.
o Procured, Inspected, Preserved and Coordinated installation of various machineries.
o Planned and coordinated Test bed and Basin, Performance tests, Sea Trials and other Dock tests. Prepared acceptance test reports and handing over documentation.
o Dealt with requirements of various classification societies like Lloyds, DNV and IRS with regards to various shipboard systems, Navigational and safety items, etc.