Painting Inspector, Painting Supervisor, Painting Superintendent
- Superintendent / Foreman
- Conduct Surface Preparation and Painting Inspection. Documents all gathered data as part of the requirements of P.S.P.C. Standard (Performance Standard for Protective Coatings). Plan and prepare painting schedule of a particular ship. Coordinate with other departments in schedule implementation. Provide technical guide to contractor and workers. Control and keep schedule on time. Plan and anticipate paint material requirements. Confirm paint material inventory. Control supply and distribution of paint materials. Supervise quality control inspection works. Keep painting works to be accordance with the painting scheme specifications. Control manpower supply. Check and verify manpower consumptions. Prepare man-hour reports. Makes an update to the progress of work to the immediate superior. Perform other duties and responsibilities that the management may assign from time to time.
QC Coating Inspector at Hanwha Engineering & Construction
2016 September - Mar 20181. Check surface preparation, surface profile and chloride on field girth weld prior to FBE coating.
2. Ensure the correct temperature during heating of pipe prior to FBE coating.
3. Check the thickness of the FBE coating.
4. Ensure the visual appearance of coating is free from coating defects.
5. Conduct Holiday test, curing test and adhesion test on FBE coated on filed girth welds.
6. Documents all the data and submit to the client.
Responsibilities: (Liquid Internal Coating by Robotic Crawler)
1. Check the surface preparation, profile, chloride on the internal cut back area of the pipe prior to fit up.
2. Witness on the monitor during coating application by robotic crawler inside the pipe on field girth welds.
3. Witness on the monitor during DFT checking and holiday testing by robotic crawler.
4. Documents all data and submit to the client.
Senior QC Coating Inspector at Tekfen Construction
2016 March - Jul 20161. Witness all insulation and coating activities including, but not limited to, surface preparation, application of approved insulation and coating materials, holiday detector testing and final coating thickness.
2. Document all inspection activities, including material usage and waste.
3. Maintain daily records to support documentation of insulation and coating activities.
4. Ensure all insulation and coatings are in accordance with contract specifications and manufactures recommendations.
5. Ensure compliance with all project specific environmental requirements
6. Familiar with the Codes, Standards and Specifications and others as may be referenced in specifications and procedures.
7. Comply with safety standards as outlined in the company’s Health and Safety Handbook and those prescribed by the job site.
8. Interpret standards, codes, specifications and procedures that assigned activities are conducted in accordance with approved instructions/procedures.
9. Relevant examination records are completed, signed as a true record prior to inspection
10. All necessary verification checks are conducted (and recorded where necessary) on materials/ equipment prior to commencement of operations.
11. Carrying out the thorough examination of equipment in accordance with relevant regulations / legislation and company procedures.
12. Review the relevant technique for the testing method to be used.
13. Ensure the relevant Non destructive Testing techniques are utilized in accordance with relevant specifications and client/company procedures.
14. Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes or specifications.
15. Supporting and liaising with the client.
16. Report the results in a concise and timely manner.
QC Coating Inspector at Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company
2013 September - Feb 2016Responsibilities: (Coating Application)
1. Review Project specification/code requirements and its implementation.
2. Report to my immediate superior the status of Coating activities.
3. Monitor/assist QC Inspector in any urgent inspection.
4. Attend meetings in the absence of my immediate superior.
5. Participate in the disposition of non-conforming items reported by co-inspector.
6. Lead other Inspector in daily inspection activities.
7. Delegate QC Inspector in their respective assignment.
8. Lead QC Inspectors in conducting monitoring of coating application parameters.
9. Conducts surveillance inspection in all areas/carry out other duties assigned by QC Supervisor and Managers.
10. Participate and attend joint inspection with consultant, client representative and from higher management.
11. Coordinate with the Project team to ensure that the good Quality performance will maintain.
12. Implementation of the Department Key Performance Indicator as guidelines for improvement.
13. Provide necessary disposition, root cause analysis, recommendation, corrective and preventive action on non-conformancesrelated to all aspect of inspection.
14. Conduct final inspection and acceptance with the Client.
Responsibilities: (Chartek 1709 - Fire Proofing Application)
1. Conduct inspection of fire proofing materials.
2. Conduct blasting inspection.
3. Check the blasting grade standard & surface profile of blasted area.
4. Conduct chloride test of the substrate.
5. Check the weather condition (Relative Humidity, Due Point, Steel Temp., Dry Bulb & Wet Bulb Temp.) before and during painting application.
6. Check the thickness (DFT) of the coatings & its coating defects.
7. Conduct pull-off test of the coating.
8. Check the ratio of Chartek base & hardener during mixing.
9. Monitor of fire proofing application.
10. Ensure carbon fiber mesh reinforcement (HK-1 Mesh) install at mid-film thickness with 50mm overlaps.
11. Ensure after installing of mesh, either continue to build up the required thickness over the mesh.
12. Check the dry film thickness of fire proofing using pin depth gauges.
13. Check the discontinuities, pinholes, voids or isolated deposits of excess thickness in the coating.
QA/QC Painting & Insulation Inspector at GS Engineering & Construction
2012 July - May 2013Responsibilities: (Coating Application)
1. Ensure all blasting and painting work meet the relevant quality control standards and specifications, in addition to being carried out in a timely and professional manner.
2. Ensure all Paint Materials were approved by the Client.
3. Inspect the blasting and painting at all stages of preparation and to reject any tools, materials, equipment or work which do not conform to the specification.
4. Ensure all instruments shall be calibrated and maintained in good working condition at all times.
5. Confirm all environmental and safety requirements relating to blasting and painting.
6. Ensure the quality of scope of works.
7. Routine surveillance of coating activities, blasting, painting inspections.
8. Ensure effective implementation of ITP’s by the Client attendance at witness and hold points.
9. Regular review of Inspection Test Report or Quality Records and send to the Client.
Responsibilities: (Heat Shrink Sleeves Application)
1. Conduct surface preparation inspection on the pipe.
2. Check the required surface profile, weather condition and conduct chloride test.
3. Witnessed during Heat Shrink Sleeves application on the field joints of the pipe.
4. Conduct Holiday test and Pull-off test after Heat Shrink Sleeves application of the pipe.
Responsibilities: (Hot & Cold Insulation Application)
1. Carry out necessary inspection and test to assure conformance to the contract requirements, drawings specification and related codes and standards.
2. Monitor the status of work and materials to ensure that specified requirements are being fulfilled.
3. Conduct inspection of the materials for insulation and its storage condition.
4. Make sufficient checks to verify that the materials applied are the same as the specified or approved materials.
5. Verify the insulated item and insulation code are marked on the P & ID’s and related drawings.
6. Ensure effective implementation of ITP’s by Client attendance at witness and hold points.
7. Regular review of Inspection Test Report or Quality Records and send to the Client.
QA/QC Coating Inspector at Saudi Makamin
2011 May - Jun 2012Responsibilities: (Stopaq Application)
1. Determine the specified surface preparation grade and surface profile (BLASTING).
2. Check for residues of oils, grease finger prints, chemical salts, and dust deposited on
the surface after surface preparation.
3. Check the weather condition (Relative Humidity, Ambiance Temperature, Due Point and
4. Observe the process, documenting and reporting any defective or noncompliant activity.
5. Check the overlap of inner and outer STOPAQ during wrapping application.
Responsibilities: (Coating Application)
1. Shall notify 24 hours in advance to Saudi Aramco PID Representative before commencing any painting & coating application.
2. Inspect, test and accept all parts of coating and painting works including sub-contractors, vendors, manufacturers and suppliers in conformance with all drawings, specifications, standards and approved quality plan.
3. Prepare all QA/QC checklists, reports and documents before and after coating activities.
4. Submit all documents to PID representative for approval.
Painting Engineer at Tsuneishi Heavy Industries (Shipbuilding Division)
2004 February - Apr 2011Responsibilities: (Coating Application)
1. Conduct Surface Preparation and Painting Inspection.
2. Documents all gathered data as part of the requirements of P.S.P.C.
3. Standard (Performance Standard for Protective Coatings).
4. Plan and prepare painting schedule of a particular ship.
5. Coordinate with other departments in schedule implementation.
6. Provide technical guide to contractor and workers.
7. Control and keep schedule on time.
8. Plan and anticipate paint material requirements.
9. Confirm paint material inventory.
10. Control supply and distribution of paint materials.
11. Supervise quality control inspection works.
12. Keep painting works to be accordance with the painting scheme specifications.
13. Control manpower supply.
14. Check and verify manpower consumptions.
15. Prepare man-hour reports.
16. Makes an update to the progress of work to the immediate superior.
17. Perform other duties and responsibilities that the management may assign from time to time.
Civil Engineering at Cebu Institute of Technology - University1995 - 1998
Civil Engineering at Divine Word University1993 - 1995
- NACE Level 2 Coating Inspector Certified Apr 2019