Challenging projects involving all phases of ship new build construction, maintenance and or refurbishment where extensive experience in administration, communication, engineering and onboard fit-out works will enhance the cost effective completion of projects.
2006 - Present Project Manager USA
Working for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises as a consultant interior outfitting project manager for revitalization and refurbishment projects. Projects undertaken include Celebrity Cruise Lines Mercury & Galaxy and Royal Caribbean International Majesty, Explorer and Freedom of the Sea’s.
2001 - 2006 Project Manager USA
Working for marine out-fitting companies as a consultant for refit and refurbishment works onboard cruise ships in dry dock and in service. Projects undertaken include works to Carnival Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination and Holiday; Disney Cruise Lines, Magic and Wonder; P&O Pacific Sun; Cunard, QE 2, Seabourne Legend, Pride and Spirit, Celebrity Mercury & Galaxy and RCI Majesty, Explorer and Freedom of the Sea’s.
Hopeman Brothers Marine Interiors LLC
1999 – 2001 Project Manager USA
A lead project manager and engineer involved in the construction of two new build ships for United States Lines Project ‘America’ with duties involving engineering design, material costing and procurement, on-site supervision and Quality control matters.
Mivan Marine Italia
1996 – 1999 Project Manager Italy
Site Project Manager for construction of four internal public spaces and the outer deck areas onboard the two new build vessels for Disney Cruise Line. The project was carried out at the Fincantieri, Venezia shipyard.
Caldis Cook Group
1994 – 1996 Project Manager Australia
Various small works to internal spaces for cross harbour ferries for Sydney Ferry’s.
Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Management (RICS), 2000
College of Estate Management. Reading, England.
Building Studies (Architecture), 1987
University of Ulster, Jordanstown, N. Ireland.
• Liaison with owners, architects, shipyards and suppliers in respect to engineering, budget, programme and production processes.
• Supervision of in-house engineering design team to ensure conformance to design, budget and necessary regulations.
• Designing and monitoring engineering and production schedules.
• On-site management of contractors for production from construction start to hand-over.
• Presenting project progress and technical reports to clients and senior management.
• Materials procurement and ordering.
• Project Quality Control pre-outfitting and post-outfitting.
• Overseeing compliance with all regulatory bodies, (Lloyds, ABS, USCG, SOLAS).
I am a project manager with a wide range of experience in all aspects of marine interior outfitting. My experience includes leadership skills in managing, developing and motivating team members to achieve objectives. I have an ability to work on my own or within a team environment and to take initiative where necessary. I have extensive expertise in on-site management and design engineering with first class analytical, design and problem solving skills, and dedication to maintaining high quality standards.