I am a natural leader seeking a management opportunity that challenges me to think independently, apply existing skills, and coach team members to work productively and enthusiastically to complete operational missions and accomplish organizational goals.
Code Investigator, Hillsborough County Florida, March 2007 to Present.
• Investigates complaints of code violations and compliance with existing zoning, sign, environmental nuisance, and minimum housing standard ordinances.
• Independently identifies potential new cases to pursue.
• Works "one-on-one" with homeowners, tenants, and financial institution representatives in an effort to inform them on actions required to bring existing cases into compliance in a timely manner.
• Prepares unresolved cases for court hearings when violations are not brought into compliance.
Performance: “Outstanding” performance rating (March 2008).
United States Coast Guard (USCG) Boatswain Mate Third Class, May 2001 to October 2007.
• Coxswain - charged with supervising three individuals during the execution of operational missions that included boarding, inspection, and regulation of vessels and documentation of mission results.
• Training Petty Officer - training board member responsible for instructing class participants and coordinating weekly and monthly training schedules.
USCG Awards: Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medal
Seamanship Award (academics, life saving, and seamanship skills tests)
United States Coast Guard Good Conduct Award
Class Leader - Boatswain’s Mate Class “A” School, Small Boat Strand
University of Florida (Gainesville), Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, August 2004
OUPV Near Coastal (6-Pack)
• Leadership: Supervisory and training experience (USCG)
• Verbal Communication: Training instruction presentations (USCG), interaction with the general public (USCG, Hillsborough County)
• Written Communication: Documentation of Coast Guard investigations, Hillsborough County code violations and preparation of court case proceedings.
• Organizational: Accomplishment of Coast Guard missions, completion of assigned code enforcement duties in a timely manner, identification of new code violations and resolution of existing cases.