- 20 years experience in Shore Management looking after Personnel, Training, HSE and Vessel Operations.
- Experience includes Ship Inspections and Audits. Accident investigations, Commercial management; ISM-ISPS-MLC implementation, Crew Management and training, Cargo operations and Cruise Operations.
- 3 years experience as Master on ocean going vessels – Car Carriers; Bulk Carriers; Container vessels and Reefer vessels on a worldwide trade.
- 15 years experience as a navigating officer on ocean going vessels – Bulk carriers; Container vessels and reefer vessels on a worldwide trade.
Professional Experience and Skills
- Crew selection and recruitment for ocean going bulk carriers; tankers, cruise vessels and offshore support vessels.
- Development of plans and documentation such as safety management manuals; search & rescue plans; training & drill procedures; Integrated Pest Management Plans, Vector Management Plan and other safety publications.
- Carrying out vessel audits for ISM/ISPS/MLC 2006 compliance.
- Supervision of post fixture operations of a fleet of bulk carriers including cargo disputes & claims, liaison with charterers and underwriters.
- Ship Inspections & audits
- Investigation of accidents and incidents on board.
- Arranged several safety seminars for the ships’ staff to increase safety and operational awareness.
- Speaker at shipping conferences.
- Teaching faculty at a Maritime College.
- Execution of manning agreements, crew contracts, ITF agreements for the fleet.
- Cruise vessel operation of two small passenger vessels of 800-1000 passenger capacity and a crew of 300 persons. Job scope included supervision of Deck & F&B department, concessionaires for duty free shops, casino, salon, photo/video departments. Overseeing Sanitation/Hygiene & HAACP compliance on cruise vessels.
- Company security officer for the fleet.
- Jan 2009 – Current: Ship Management Services – Manager - Operations, HSE & Fleet Personnel
In charge of the Health, Safety and Environment portfolio. Commercial management and post fixture operations. Crew selection and recruitment. Carrying out vessel inspections and safety audits. Liaison with Classification societies for office and vessel audits.
- Feb 2004 – Aug 2009: Elysian Ship Management – Operations Manager
In charge of cruise operations. Carrying out inspections and safety audits of the cruise vessels. Supervision of concessionaires on board. Crew selection and recruitment in all departments including Deck, Engine, Housekeeping for the two cruise vessel.
- May 1998 – 2009: Ravenscroft Ship Management Inc - Fleet Personnel & Operations Manager
In charge of the Health, Safety and Environment portfolio. Commercial management and post fixture operations. Crew selection and recruitment. Carrying out vessel inspections and safety audits. Company security officer.
- May 1995 – May 1998: Prams Water Shipping – Operations Manager
In charge of complete vessel operations such as cargo loading/discharging; bunker supply; procurement and supply of stores and spares, obtaining insurance covers. Crew selection and recruitment.
- Jan 1994 – Oct 1994: LBS College of Advanced Maritime Studies - Faculty
- Aug 1977 – Jan 1994: Wallem Ship Management – Deck officer & Master on board vessels
- Speaker – Panama Maritime X conference, Panama on STCW 2010
- Speaker – Several training seminars
- Successful ransom negations with Somali pirates and release of a hijacked vessel
- Implementation of MLC 2006
- Publication of company safety bulletins; development of company safety and environment policies.
Certification & Professional Development
- ISM & Designated Person Ashore – Lloyds Register of Shipping, Plantation, Florida
- Risk Management & Incident Investigation – DNV Fort Lauderdale
- Vessel Sanitation Program Training – CDC, USA
- ISPS – CSO Certification – STAR Center, Fort Lauderdale, USA
- Media Management Training – MTI, USA
- Certificate in Chartering & Brokerage, ASBA, USA
- Master Mariner Class I – South Tyneside College, South Shields, UK
- ISM Code – American Bureau of Shipping, Bureau Veritas
- Dynamic Positioning Induction Course – Holland College, Canada
- Tanker Management, Leadership and Accountability – Hudson Dynamix, USA
Fort Lauderdale, FL,