Results-oriented Operations Coordinator with extensive experience in shipping, including supervisory, logistical, and marketing. Demonstrate ability to work as a team professional within a fast-paced environment, focused on productivity and clientele satisfaction.
HAPAG-LLOYD, AG, Piscataway, NJ 2006 – 2009
Terminal Coordinator (2008 – 2009)
Oversaw delivery of hazardous cargo to marine terminals and the loading of same, to vessels.
* Dispatched containerized cargo from/to clientele facilities and marine terminal(s).
* Handled the dray of empty equipment and maintained equipment inventories
* Reconciled matters of trucker(s) insurance at five ocean terminals.
* Arranged surveys of damaged cargo and containers.
* Directed cleanup operations in the event of a hazmat spills.
* Handling of hazardous freight; issuance of dangerous goods manifests.
* Interfaced with terminals and clientele, to insure a seamless service.
* Reconciled matters regarding cargo claims and insurance.
Rail Coordinator (2006 – 2008)
Team member within a fast-paced rail department; focused on prompt delivery of containers to rail service providers.
* Initiated movement of containers via rail, to inland destinations.
* Negotiated rail rated with four rail service providers.
* Timely dispatch of containers from five ocean terminals to four rail ramps.
* Initiated and verified all billings with rail service providers.
* Issuance and follow-up of work orders to terminals and truckers.
CP SHIPS, Port Newark, NJ 2000 – 2006
Directed the movement of cargo and equipment to three marine terminals.
* Negotiated rates with current and propspective trucking companies.
* Dispatched equipment to and from clientele facilities.
* Maintained equipment inventory at three depots.
* Resolved trucker issues, such as insurance, demurrage, and equipment availability.
* Interfaced with clientele to insure seemless customer service.
LYKES LINES, LTD, Jersey City, NJ 1997 – 2002
Supervised staff of six clerical personnel, responsible for both logistical and documentation functions.
* Prioritized the timely issuance of documentation to clientele.
* Coordinated delivery of freight with clientele and three terminals.
* Updated and maintained equipment records for accurate inventories.
* Liaise with clients and terminals to insure quality departmental service.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Marketing Representative – Alexandria Navigation Ltd. New York, NY
Sales Representative – Uiterwyk Corporation New York, NY
Graduate - Susan E. Wagner High School
Franklin D. Roosevelt Institute of Maritime Studies New York, NY
Mercuri International – Empowerment Training Tampa, FL
Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel