A Business Analyst with deep interest in areas involving Information Technology (IT), Accountancy, Banking, Finance, Strategy, Consulting and jobs requiring these areas individually or a mixture of these, who plans working with a growing firm to gain expertise, by becoming a specialist/expert within the next 5years.
Benkat Springs Limited (RC 892214), Lagos Nigeria Oct 2010- Present
Senior Business Analyst and Strategist
• Carrying out research and data collection and conducting analysis
• Interviewing client’s employees, management team and other stakeholders running focus groups, facilitating workshops, preparing business proposals/presentations, identifying issues, forming hypotheses and implementing recommendations/solutions.
• Ensuring the client receives the assistance needed to implement the recommendations/solutions
• Gathering appropriate research data, both during field-visits and desk-based, in accordance with project requirements. Analyzing that data and interpreting it in the context of the project by benchmarking project financial projections against proprietary databases and/or field research).
• Developing and applying commercial judgments in the context of the project analysis. Preparing individual sections of the report and whole or large parts of a report to a high standard for clients and for internal reference.
• Advising on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, impact on other business processes and system priorities
• Help clients (individuals, sole proprietors, small medium sized enterprises) identify business problems affecting them, proffering solutions to those problems and following through with the implementation.
• Reviewing and editing requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
• Researching client organization's industry and competitive position. Documenting client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
• Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task/ workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Customer Service/IT Helpdesk Analyst Sept 2006-Oct 2010 (4years)
Li Ka Shing Library
Singapore Management University Library, Singapore
• Attending to students’ request and taking records of special cases and forwarding it to the proper channels. Assisting students/faculties with academic research for speedy completion
• First line of customer service/IT Help Desk to members of the over 7000 SMU Community, assisting them with digital library applications and providing IT support and trouble shooting. - (Reference letter available on demand)
Final Year Project Dec 2009 – April 2010(5months)
Project Name: Customer Fact Finding through Multi-touch Gaming for Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
• Built a platform where waiting customers can engage in a fun multiplayer game to make waiting time fun
• Created a fun and intuitive way to get customers to partake in a survey during and after the game to get information for the bank
• Technologies used : Microsoft Surface SDK 1.0, Visual C#, WPF, XAML, MySQL Server Express
Barclays Capital, Singapore May 2008-Aug 2008 (4months)
Summer Analyst Technology (Business Analyst)
• Assisted the FR (Fake Rainbow) and the SRR (Stochastic Recovery Run) Team on their daily runs which involved running macros, VBA and various excel sheets.
• Carried out System integration Test, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Documentation writing for various applications to ensure their completion as planned and for future reference and understanding.
• Spearheaded Debugging and Testing of the CDT System (Credit Desktop Trading System) which was been developed by a Senior Application Engineer for efficient product pricing.
• Achieved the migration of a trading application from VB to C# in 4weeks in addition to my other tasks.
• Application/Programs Used-Visual Studio-C#, Sybase/MSQL, Excel VBA/VB 6.0, CDT (Credit Desktop), SDAPS (Securitized Derivative Asset Pricing System), JIRA, Perforce.
Infographics Computers, Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria Sep 2002- Aug 2005 (3years)
• Taught various computer packages to students
• Drew out the curriculum of over 50 Students in each training period of 6months
• Provided various business solutions to customers
• Monitored the inflow and outflow of cash using a personally developed computer program
• BSc Information Systems Management and Finance
Singapore Management University, Singapore Aug 2005- Aug 2010
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK In Progress
ACCA Level 2 Student (Trainee /Part-Qualified Accountant)
First 8 of 14 Papers Completed
• Joint Admission Matriculation Exam(JAMB), Nigeria Apr 2002
A Level Equivalent (284/400 – 2As, 2Bs)
• Secondary School Certificate Sept 1996- Sept 2002
Wisdom Group of Schools Asaba, Nigeria
(5 Distinctions and 2 Credits)
• C#, WPF, Visual C#,.Net, Microsoft Office (Advanced User), MS Project, MS Access, MS Visio, Excel, VBA, WPF, Java, HTML, JSP, SQL, MVC Web Applications, Silverlight and comfortable with technology generally. Experience in Business Analysis, Strategy Crafting, Performance Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Project Management and Business Problem Solving.
• Student/Trainee Accountant (1399215) - Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) 8 of 14 papers Completed - Passed Accountant in Business, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Corporate Law, Performance Management, Taxation, Auditing and Assurance, and Financial Management.
Areas of Expertise: Business Analysis, Management/Strategy and Business Consulting, Programming(C#, .Net, WPF, VBA), Testing, Debugging, IT Help Desk Support, Strategy Crafting, Performance Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Project Management and Business Problem Solving
• Silver Award- For good performance during my Internship at Barclays Capital (Singapore).
• Participated in the Planning and Organizing of the YMCA
Youth for Causes Event 2010 Singapore April 2010- May 2010
• Volunteered at the Bethany Methodist Nursing Home,
CCK Singapore Aug 2005- Dec 2005
• Playing Soccer, Puzzles/Word Games, Exercising, Listening to Classical Music, Praying and Traveling.
• Professional and Personal References Furnished upon Request